Suppliers on the East Coast

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsPine09

Reaction score
Hello All!!

I've been scouring the internet looking for East Coast suppliers. Ideally, I would like to find a one-stop-shop similar to BB (they're just too far so shipping costs and times are too high). However, I am not oppose to buying from a few different suppliers if need be. I'm looking for supplies for both MP and CP soap making. I've found the following suppliers that are either close to me or closer to me than BB (I live in Massachusetts):

Wholesale Supplies Plus
Soap Goods
Elements Bath and Body
Oak Court Creations
From Nature With Love
Nature's Garden
Soap Making Resource

If anyone has any experience with the above suppliers, whether good or bad, could you please share your experiences? Are some suppliers better for certain items vs others (one company may be great for bases, but their FOs/EOs are too expensive).

I'm also trying to decide who to buy from based on what they offer for MP base. It seems like these suppliers offer SFIC, Crafter's Choice, and Stephenson bases...could you also be so kind as to share your experiences with these bases? SFIC bases definitely sound like they're the best (based on both quality and ingredients), but perhaps the ingredients for the other bases aren't as scary as they sound and the quality may still be just as good?

Thanks a ton in advance!! :)

I've ordered from:
Wholesale Supplies Plus: I no longer order from them. Their products are fine, but I find their customer service incredibly lacking & rude and their owner's way of practicing business is a disgrace. A supplier that lies to customers about other suppliers won't get my business. Also, waiting for them to ship out orders takes forever. It usually takes at least a week, sometimes more before the orders leave their building.

Natures Garden: I regularly order from them. They have wonderful customer services, their products are good and every order I've ever placed has either been shipped out the day that I ordered or the next morning.

Soap Goods: I've ordered from them a couple times. Good customer service, takes a little less than a week for them to ship out the order, but overall their prices are usually higher than I can find other places.

Elements Bath and Body: I regularly order from them. Customer service is good, orders take a couple days to ship out, their prices are good & their products are good.

From Nature With Love: I've ordered from them about a dozen times or so. Their customer service is okay, not great, but okay. Orders take a couple days to ship out, their products are okay & their prices are okay.

Soap Making Resource & Oak Court Creations: I've ony ordered from them a couple times and don't remember too much about how the orders went.

Personally, I prefer Natures Garden's MP bases compared to Crafters Choice. SFIC & Stephensons are okay, it just matters what kind of ingredients you're looking for in your base.

On the East coast there's also Aroma Haven Rustic Escentials in South Carolina http://rusticescentuals.com/ & Bitter Creek North's in Northern WI, but that might be too Midwest for you http://www.candlesupply.com/ Both of those places have excellent products & good customer service.

Genny, thank you sooo much for such a comprehensive response!! I will definitely look into AHRE and BCN. Come to think of it, I also found a few other places:

GoPlanetEarth
CandlesandSupplies.com
CandleWic.com
New Directions Aromatics

Jeez, I didn't realize there were so many different soap suppliers nearby! I think I was just ignoring them because they didn't have the SFIC bases.

I'm actually going to post my other question under the M&P section since it has to do with the ingredients.

Bumping this because I'm dealing with the same, and now during Sandy, ordering is really getting tough. I've always worked with WSP and I really like them only because I've never had issues with them and customer service has helped me A LOT. I've been looking into New Directions Aromatics. Reviews?

Hi
I wanted to mention Jedwards, because they are in Quincy, MA.
I buy my bulk organic coconut oil from them. Prices are fair, shipping is fast and cheap (because I'm also in MA).
HTH
Sue

I order exclusively from Wholesale Supplies Plus because their prices are terrific and I get my supplies in a few days. I have no complaints with them.

It's not exactly the East Coast, but Soapers Choice (Columbus Foods) is in IL and has great products and customer service. I also wanted to mention Camden-Grey here in FL...though they do seem to take a while to ship, they have quality products. I use WSP for a lot of things, and luckily haven't had any issues with customer service.

I forgot to add that I have used Soap Making Resource, and liked the products I purchased, but shipping took for.ev.er.

I love Nature's Garden. They're not right on the East Coast, but I am, and I usually get my orders within two days or so.

I love Natures Garden! Every time I order they ship it same day or next day & I'll have it the following day. (I live in same state) Good prices too

Rustic Escentuals I love also. Again ships and get to me fast, usually within a couple days. I'm impatient when it comes to supplies. I hate the wait! Like right now I have a package sitting at UPS from NG and it's killing me they don't deliver today! I have lots of smelling goodies waiting lol
p.s. I ordered that on Thursday.

Wholesale supplies plus... great prices. Which always sucks me back in...
But they take forever to ship. I always have to wait 1 week before they even look at the order usually. and I again live in the same state :problem:
I placed order on Monday early.. haven't even touched my order... it's Saturday.

Latest posts

Back