"Ruth" bath bomb press

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teapot

Lifetime Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've acquired this bath bomb press, and I'm having a hard time producing bath bombs with it. I've been looking online for some kind of user guide, but I'm drawing a blank, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here has any ideas.

The only brand name that I can see is "ruth" - this is on the top of the press, and on a sticker underneath, but with no further information. I believe it is from Holland.

The moulds come in two parts, each of which slots onto a peg, and you then tighten a screw to keep it in place. So, I packed my mixture into the bottom part, and then heaped it up, and lowered the lever to bring down the top part of the mould. That all went fine, but I couldn't get the bomb out of the press without wrecking it. I was using a basic spherical mould at the time.

I thought about leaving the bomb to harden a while, but it seems impractical to leave each one to harden, and defeats the object of having a press to make things faster!

I wonder if I need to use some kind of release agent? Is it something I'm doing wrong, or is there a special technique with this kind of press? Pics to follow.

This is the press without a mould on it.

20170116_225959.jpg

20170116_225932.jpg

20170116_230017.jpg

My Google-Fu tells me that what you have there seems to be a marzipan press. As I don't know much about Marzipan presses or German...that's about the only assistance I can lend you.

Marzipanpresse
Marzipan-press / Presse à moussepain
Art.-No. 2001
Grundgerät für alle Marzipanformen mit „PRESS NO. 2...“
Basic gear for all marzipan-moulds with „PRESS NO. 2...“
Appareil de base pour tous les moules avec „PRESS NO. 2...“

http://www.ruth-online.de/kataloge/DER_GROSSE_ruth_KATALOG_2015.pdf
It's on page 78 at the bottom left.

Hope it helps!

Latest posts

Back