Strider soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
I'm hoping the soap gremlins will leave me alone now! New bucket of lard, new jar of coconut oil (both of the previous containers were down to scraping the sides anyway), new bottle of NaOH and a new battery in the scale, even though the scale seemed to be doing OK. May give up on the Menards lye anyway, I really loathe those beads.

16114406_10211279108710436_8804606186781407685_n.jpg

I think the batch I rebatched is going to be soft forever at this rate, it still feels like playdough with a crust on it, squishy in the middle, but it lathers, so I guess after it's done curing we can use it around the house amongst ourselves until it develops DOS.

Rebatches can take forever to fully set up.

My oldest fell in love with some 13 month old rebatch at Christmas this year. Still flexes and not the least bit brittle.
No I will not make her another batch. Yes she got to take all that she wanted.

The more you know.

My brother told me last night he'd ordered some handmade soap for men from some company and complained it smelled of Pine-Sol. I did have to ask him why on earth he was buying soap if he wanted handmade and not raiding the closet at the house. Knucklehead.

Latest posts

Back