Using candy flavoring in balms

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vedwards

Reaction score
Hello!

So, I've been making my own lip balm for three or four years. I don't care for flavored balms, but a friend asked me if I would make her a few in a flavor.

I also make candy (not at the same time, lol) so I have a lot of the flavor oils. Will these work, with a little stevia powder, for flavoring? I'd rather not buy a flavor if I don't have to....

TIA!

Stevia powder may settle unless it's very finely ground. I use stevia in lip scrubs and it works well.

If you have the cinnamon, peppermint, or orange oils (not the _____ flavored oil) you should be fine. The LorAnna website used to have a section for making lip balms but it's been a long time since I've checked.

As long as the candy flavorings are oil-based instead of water-based, you should be fine using them. I've read of a handful of folks on the different B&B forums that reported using some of the GetSuckered oil-based candy flavorings in their balms with good success.

IrishLass :)

Thanks ladies! I have peppermint oil, which is just the natural oil, so that should work. Can't hurt to try, right?

BattleGnome - I did find it on their website. So thanks!

Back