Bath bars issues

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckscent

Reaction score
Trying my hand at making some. Taking like 3 weeks or longer to dry, I think I may be putting to much glycerin.

2 parts Baking Soda
2 parts SLSA
1 part Corn Starch
Then I add the glycine a little at a time..... I get's to a real smooth consistancy. Think I am adding to much VG. Just want some confirmation I guess

What recipe is it? Is it a bubble bar?

1 cup BS
1 cup SLSA
1/2 cup CS
1/4 cup COT

I guess the consistancy is what i sould concider to feel and look like fondant. Maybe to much VG, which I did not measure just added little at a time. My consistancy wrong?

I recently caved and purchased a bubble bar recipe on Etsy from TwoWildHares. The instructions are very detailed and it's pretty much foolproof no matter what climate you live in. You might want to check out her ingredient listing and compare to what you've been using. I tried at least a half dozen free recipes before purchasing hers and SLSA isn't cheap so I'm sure I wasted at least $20 worth of ingredients. If yours are taking 3 weeks to dry, I would definitely say too much glycerin . . . the TWH recipe dries hard enough to package in 2-3 days.

Here's a link to one of the better free recipes I tried. It contains dual surfactants and very little glycerin (less than 2Tbsp) so it only took a day or so to dry. http://simplyfreebathandbody.com/bath-recipes/solid-bubble-bath/bubble-bar-11-lana-suhanich/

Pic #1 is the TWH recipe and pic #2 is Lana's recipe.

Reindeer_Farts_bubble_bars.jpg

sugar_skull_bubble_bar.jpg

Latest posts

Back