Bummed Out

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the middle of April my computer fried. My Soaps, ALL OF THEM, needed to be rewrapped because I found out that they needed to breath. It really helped unwrapping them to look better too and getting them some air. I must have had over 100 soaps to rewrap.
Everyday, from 7 am to midnight, I had to redo my computer, rewrap soap, get new soap out, make bath bombs, body butters, redo my labels on top of all this, not to mention getting my personal life in order, and get ready for my street faire, that was this pass weekend. I am burnt out.
Had not had a chance to even come to the soap forum, today is my first day of little stress.
I have a family member in the hospital, an over bearing, narcissist mother (God Bless her soul), and a friend that only wants my time.

Havent got a clue how I do it. By the way, that street faire, was very disappointing; last year I made 4 time what I made this year. :cry:.

All in all, I learned something, first, as I was rewrapping soap, I noticed that I had soap that had been wrapped for 2 years. As I was wrapping and staring at these soaps, I asked myself, "Why are these soap in such great shape?" They have been wrapped in an airtight food wrap. I have never taken anytime to protect them from light, or even sun. They sit on my working table.
Now I wanted to know. I pick up the soap and "really" took a good look at them. They were in pristine shape! But why? What is the difference? They are a Wine soap. I now wonder if the alcohol has something to do with the condition of the soap. These soaps look as fresh as the day I made them, I just never noticed because I sale all my soap, expect that this past winter I had a lot left over that has been wrapped all winter and no air has been getting to them. As a test, I got a couple of soaps, sprayed them with denatured alcohol, let them dry and rewrapped them. I will let them sit for a couple of weeks and see how they do. The other thing I learned was that I need to remove my name from my labels, it seems that a lot of people thought my name was the soap scent, my first name is Rose. Wonderful, now I have a new job.Any other day in Paradise. :?

That's quite a lot. My mom is pretty sick herself now and I've made some soaps to let off steam. Lord knows I don't need to be making soap more than once a month but I just have that hankering to do it now.

I'm glad you're well and that you made an awsome discovery on your soaps. Did you just use the wine straight when you made your soaps or did you spray them with alcohol?

I used the wine straight out. That was my wine soap. If you recall, I was going to use alcohol on some soap that has been wrapped for 3 months, the discolored from no air went away. So am thinking that the alcohol must do something to the soap to keep it fresh. :?

Sorry to hear of your mother, hope she gets better.:cry:

Latest posts

Back