Celebrating Shredder's Life

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked my mail on Weds and found this in there. I was not expecting this at all. When I picked Shredder's body up from the vet last Thursday, they gave me my clay paw, but not the clip of hair they had promised. I thought they forgot. When I got her home, I unwrapped her and clipped some of her curls and put them in a little container. Actually, as macabre as this sounds, I'm glad I did. I got to see her and touch her one last time and her fur still smells like her. Every now and again, I open it up and sniff it. I know that is morbid, and eventually the scent will fade, but...

Anyway, I was definitely not expecting this gift from the vet. And, like I said, I'm glad I took my own clippings, because these curls, although they're very pretty, do not smell like Shredder. The paw print is outstanding. I was bawling in work when I opened it. So glad no one was in the office with me at the time. The guys were about 30 miles north doing suspect interviews.

IMG_0095.jpg

That's really Beautiful T.
When Axle died my vet sent me a similar card and asked when I picked up his memorial plaque if I could send them a pic of it so they could see what it looked like in my house. They also asked if it was possible for me to give them a photo of him for them to put up on their wall of dogs and cats that they have treated.

Its nice to know that your loss is shared by others and that as much as you miss your mate, someone else does too. Chin up T, remember the good times :D

Back