New to melt and pour help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do too I like the different bases I've found (avocado oil, Shea butter, white and clear glycerin) and all the different combinations of EOs and my (attempted) color swirls ! I've also played around with shapes with make it fun as well !

I do too I like the different bases I've found (avocado oil, Shea butter, white and clear glycerin) and all the different combinations of EOs and my (attempted) color swirls ! I've also played around with shapes with make it fun as well !

It is lots of fun. Keep playing and experimenting. Each batch will get better. Also, you should try either SFIC or Stephenson as they make excellent bases and are reasonably priced.

Honestly, even with M&P you shouldn't be selling your soap until you've been crafting it for at least 6 months. Also, you should be giving away test batches to family, friends, and coworkers to test, as well as testing them yourself.

Hope this helps & Happy Soaping! :)

Thanks for this thread and all the great replies. I currently label my MP soaps only with the type of base (Shea butter, olive oil, etc.) and what *I* add in. I will be revising this to include all ingredients, just to be safe. :)

Definetly look into the SFIC bases. They really are much better than the Michaels ones! You can find them on amazon, bulk apothecary (this is a good source for it apparently) and if you're on the west coast, brambleberry may even be a good choice.

I compared Brambleberry with Bulk Apothecary recently and B.A. wins due to their better shipping rates.

Have fun!

Back