What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made my first lotion today from a recipe given to me by a wonderful soaper on this forum. I really like it. Really smooth and not at all greasy. It was a small batch - 8 ounces. Perfect size for testing!
E535788B-3D14-49DB-9954-561EE0E5AD8D.jpeg

Thank you, Terri. What do you do differently? Yours look so much more like a real rose!

I fill my mold 2/3 the way with white soap then pour alternating colors of green in thin lines down the middle. I run a hanger down through the greens exiting to the side of the mold and then begin to build my rose colors on top of the green line gently pouring down the center as I did the green lines only making them wider. when I think I have the right shape built I add white soap to the sides to contain the red and pink colors. I swirl the bud of the rose SLIGHTLY and then cover with the remaining white soap. I then pipe roses on top, add leaves, gold leafing and voila! That's it :)

I remember the yogi bear show and apparently im half your age meena. Didnt know it was from the 60s though. Did you guys have the poddington peas?

I don't recall that one, but we did have children's books in a Paddington Bear series. I think he was a British bear ... but not sure now. :)

I don't recall that one, but we did have children's books in a Paddington Bear series. I think he was a British bear ... but not sure now. :)

Aye i remember paddington bear there was a paddington bear film out not long ago i would guess given his name it was a british show but cant remember what he sounded like could probably tell just from the actors accents if it is or not lol

You should google poddington peas i love the song

I made my first lotion today from a recipe given to me by a wonderful soaper on this forum. I really like it. Really smooth and not at all greasy. It was a small batch - 8 ounces. Perfect size for testing!
View attachment 37126

The more I see your labeling, the more I like it. <3 I really love the green accents on the lotion and scrubs. BTW, really tempted to ask how I can buy a jar of your sugar scrub that has such rave reviews -- are you online? (Suppose i could look myself, but that wouldn't be as much fun for you. ;))

I fill my mold 2/3 the way with white soap then pour alternating colors of green in thin lines down the middle. I run a hanger down through the greens exiting to the side of the mold and then begin to build my rose colors on top of the green line gently pouring down the center as I did the green lines only making them wider. when I think I have the right shape built I add white soap to the sides to contain the red and pink colors. I swirl the bud of the rose SLIGHTLY and then cover with the remaining white soap. I then pipe roses on top, add leaves, gold leafing and voila! That's it :)
Thank you, Terri. I am adding that to my To Do List of soaping designs to try! It sounds like it can be a real surprise. How long did it take you to get your technique down to where you feel it is fairly predictable now? Or, that is to say, how many times did you have to try to get the look you got with the pictured soaps? They are so gorgeous, it seems almost impossible to manage without a lot of trials.

Thank you, Terri. I am adding that to my To Do List of soaping designs to try! It sounds like it can be a real surprise. How long did it take you to get your technique down to where you feel it is fairly predictable now? Or, that is to say, how many times did you have to try to get the look you got with the pictured soaps? They are so gorgeous, it seems almost impossible to manage without a lot of trials.

It took me a few times to get it realistic looking. I had to figure out what I needed to do to get the look I wanted. Like you said trial & error. I found the same thing with the landscape soaps, I finally got a beach scene I liked :)

Dinner's in the crockpot, and laundry is in the rinse cycle, so I'm off to visit SoapCalc to 'throw together' a new recipe for tonight. Some kind of modified Zany's castille (bastille or less). Will soap CP today, before I forget how. ;)

Terri, that’s just phenomenal. What your saying is that it’s basically freehand. Wow.

@KiwiSoap Did I not tell you about the $100 consultation fee? ;)

Anyhoo - here's my grey sludgy confetti soap that was supposed to be purple. Yep - it's that same liquid colourant @SaltedFig - who knows what colour it will be in three or four weeks?

But at least it smells delish!

View attachment 37133
Only a $100? Is that some sort of conversion error?

Latest posts

Back