Stopping in to say hi and hello!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quite frankly

Reaction score
Hi all.
I made my first batch of soap over the weekend and just cut it today (my first batch came out to be over 9 lbs! Mm go big or go home right?)
I'm not crazy about how it came out at the moment, but we'll see how it goes as it cures.
I have a ton of ideas for soap, but still have a ton of learning to do.
Mainly I started making soap because I wanted a natural gift to be able to give to family and friends. I want to stick to using EO's or no fragrance at all and natural colorants as much as possible.
I've seen so many methods and beautiful soaps and I can't wait to get a few batches under my belt and get a "base recipe" or two established.
I'm still gathering and testing tools too. I don't have a proper mold yet, which is why my first batch was so huge. I've asked for a proper mold and a cutter for xmas. I used a knife to cut my soaps this morning so they are pretty crooked and ugly. Oh well. First Try's are for learning, right?
I guess that's all I have for now. I can't wait to meet everyone and get more into soap making!
(Oh, I'm a fan of cold process or the room temp method in case anyone is wondering...my first batch was room temp method, also interested in milk soaps...but that may take a while!)

Back