Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldad

Reaction score
Welcome to the Family!!

Yes, we are a family here at SMF. Everyone here is welcoming and friendly. It doesn't matter if you have been making soap for 30 years or just started thinking about making soap 30 seconds ago. It doesn't matter if you are a "newbie" or you have a post count of 2500. Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are plenty of very knowledgeable soapers here very willing to help you out.

Use the Introduction section of the forum to create a new thread to introduce yourself to the group. Don't be shy. :)

Welcome!!
SMF ModMin Team

If you have a myspace account, don't forget to add the Soap Making Forum as your friend!!
http://myspace.com/soapmakers

If you have a Facebook account, become Soapmakingforum.com's Fan!
Soapmakingforum is now on Facebook!

Looking for video tutorials?
SMF Soap Challenges

Forum rules can be found here:
Message Board Rules

Helpful info about the basic 'culture' or 'tone' of our forum can be found here:
SMF Culture and Tone

SMF's frequently asked questions:
Forum FAQs

IrishLass's Creamy CocoaShea Glycerin Liquid Soap Tutorial:
Creamy Cocoa/Shea GLS Tutorial

Last edited by a moderator:
selling soap

Hi, My name is Sep.
I'm new to the forum, but I have been making soap for about ten years. I'm just curious about the best way to sell soap. Is the internet the way to go? i looked at the etsy website and there seem to be so many soap makers out there- won't adding one more specialty soap just get lost in the shuffle? I also make body butters and lip balms. Is there really a market for this stuff any more or is it saturated? Just wondering?

Hello all!
New to making soap, been at it for a couple of weeks now. I'm totally addicted! I haven't tried CP, but love love love HP! I'm a little impatient, & want to see & use the final product NOW! LOL I love doing M&P, and have been doing that for a while now. Hopefully I will be able to contribute, as well as learn something!

first post

Hi everyone

I am a first time poster and am looking forward to getting to know more people who are also addicted to soap making. I live on an 80 acre parcel just south of Leduc, Alberta and enjoy the country life.
I've been making soap for a number of years and am now able to devote more time to it. We moved, built a house and started new jobs so something had to give! Of course getting back into it gives me the excuse to purchase more molds, oils and fragrances :lol:
Looking forward to some great discussion topics.
Chris

Hello Versai, Sep, Angbaby4974, Sandra & Country Magic, welcome to the Forum. You might want to post your intro's in the forum itself as a New Post so the members will see them and be able to greet you properly.

We're really happy to have you and look forward to getting to know you.

I'm a newbie!!

Hi everyone,

I just signed up for this site and I am sooo happy I did. I am making my first mp soap this weekend and I can't wait!!!! :lol:
Looking forward to meeting people here on this site.

Hi to all!

Hi! I'm new to this forum but not new to soapmaking and candlemaking,etc.
I have always been around natural products and making your own. I enjoy creating, testing, and recipe making. I do as much as I can but sometimes my schedule
doesn't allow but I love hearing about others and brainstorming.

:)

Happy soapmaking!

Hello,

I dabbled in MP soaps a few years ago, and only recently got serious about experimenting more heavily when I injured my arm and could no longer make jewelry. I began selling my soaps in the artists' co-op where I have been selling my jewelry. I am very happy about finding this forum and looking forward to learning more about this craft. I have done a lot of research on line and have purchased several books, but nothing beats the person to person interaction and sharing of knowledge that a forum offers. By the look of the posts I've seen, this is a great group of people and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

Janet

hi! im krissy. i have thought about making soap for years but never worked up the nerve to try. i decide to open my own soap business and tried out my first soap project yesterday. i did HP because it seemed easier. anyways...i am a SAHM with 2 kids.

Hi

Hi my name is Jeneen, I live in MO. I have been contemplating making candles for quite some time, and started purchasing somethings to be able to start. I had joined several groups that also had soap questions in with the candle. And then my attention waivered to soap, so ok...all I have done thus far is M&P but the bases I have used along with the fragrances have been a hit to family and friends, I have been giving sample pieces to them and they have been giving them to there friends and family, so without really trying I have started selling my soaps. My son is making me a large wooden soap box and having a friend weld together one large piece of aluminum that will have squares in them, that I will set in the box as the soap starts to set up. None the less I am very excited. I know I should jump in and try the CP or HP but the thought of Lye and having to purchase a butt load of "nice molds" ie: the Milky Way Molds, for them seems expensive to me, and I like my soaps with designs. Thus I think I will have novelty soaps and make with M&P, and make loaves of soap with the CP or HP, well thats when I get over me being scared of LYE...Ok enough or I could write a book :)

New

Hi,
I'm Sue from Michigan I make wax Tarts and whipped body butter.
:D

A little about me

Hi everyone! My name is Sandra. I'm 29. I'm currently a stay at home mommy to 2 little ones, Yummo and Y.A. Yummo is how my 2 year old son says his name, William and Y.A is what he calls his sister Lilly. In my former life, i was a photographer and a vet tech. I'm from the DC area and am now in Vegas. I've been making soap off and on since I was a teenager. Now that I have lots of time, I decided to do it more. I had forgotten how much I loved making stuff. I had been on another forum but I found it to be a lot like highschool. If you weren't in the "in" clique, they could get quite nasty. There was a lot of drama in general so I went looking for somewhere else to be able to discuss and exchange knowledge. It doesn't look like there's a lot of drama here so that's good. I look forward to talking to everyone :)o)

Hi :)

Hi everyone :) My name is Gabby and I'm new to soapmaking!! I just started and have made a couple 2 lb batches and I hope to make some friends and get some information and help on here :)

hi,im new here.

i love reading about your soap making.i read another lady who posted she was new to soap making,and 55 yrs old.well i believe your never to old to learn,i will soon be 65.i also need to find a way to make xra money.their is so much to learn but i will learn with so many soap makers here. thank you for sharing.

Newbie Soaper

I am new to making soap and wondered if there where any suppliers that have a better quality product than others? I am interested in Melt and Pour Soap and really need advice on what is highly advised to buy, starting out, and what can be added later. :lol:

New to this forum

Hello everyone. I just finished a batch of soap, my first in a couple of years. I have been making soap periodically for about ten years -- since I had a farm in Vermont. Each time I come back to it, I get a bit addicted and can't think about anything else until I have made a few batches and the energy runs out. Can't figure out why this is such a satisfying hobby. Anyway, I'm glad to find you here and look forward to reading the posts. Did anyone else notice that the beginner directions on this site call for adding the oils to the lye solution?

yet another newbie

Hi all! My name is Veronica and I'm a soap-aholic. No. Really. I am! What started off as my hubby wanting a way to use the pork fat we had in the freezer has turned into a fun hobby!

My soaping adventure began about a month ago. I made a batch of veggie-based oatmeal soap while rendering down the above mentioned pork fat. That 5 gallon bucket yielded 7 qts and 1 pt of lard. And it almost killed my dog!! :oops: ***NOTE TO DOG LOVERS: giving your loved one a few of the cracklins leftover from rendering can be a poor choice! We often give Patches some scraps and didn't think twice about this. She developed pancreatitis and spent 3 days in the hospital!! She's much better now, but not back to 100% yet.

I've been lurking around here & reading the posts for a couple weeks. You guys really know your stuff. I can't wait to learn more in this new adventure!!

Hi Everyone! My name is Cristina and I have a new found interest in all natural soap making. I hope to learn all different technigues and recipes so I can create my own special mixture of soaps!!! :D I am very happy I found this site, THANK YOU ALL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back