Favorite M&P bases

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterPoor

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been making CP soap for about a year now and am having a blast. I'm also interested in trying some M&P soaps as well. My mom found some "soap stuff" at a garage sale this summer and got it for me, but it looks like the coloring is M&P coloring and not CP coloring. Oops! But it is just an excuse to try something new, right?

So, I'm unfamiliar with M&P bases, I know you can purchase them at most local craft stores, along with stores like Brambleberry and WSP and stuff. i'm just wondering if anyone has experience with the different bases or has a favorite one to use.

Essentials by Catalina in Southern California carries their own base, which is nice, and Stephenson's. My daughter found Stephenson's harder to work with when she started with it. She used Catalina's for several years before changing over, and I believe she still uses some of Catalina's own brand. Check shipping cost from the different suppliers. We never liked the Base from WSP

I too preferred SFIC when I was making M&P. I've used Essentials by Catalina bases as well with good results. I really did not like WSP base, but it seems others didn't have issues with it.

Back