using different brands of base together....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
To the mavens out there in melt and pour world...
I've followed advice on this forum and ordered Crafter's Choice Crystal Clear to have as a base layer and then I put in my embed. Good clarity for sure BUT I'm not crazy for the ingredients in that base as I know many of you feel the same. I'm a fan of SFIC bases.
Just wondering if I can use the Crafters Choice Crystal Clear as my base pour, put in my embed and then use a SFIC base for the remainder of the soap? I know on one of Soap Queen's tutorials she suggested not mixing suppliers but I always wonder with her if that's simply for marketing reasons. Many thanks to you all!

You can mix suppliers.

Just remember that pour temperatures will be different from different suppliers/soap types. If you're doing embeds/layers in one brand and your top pour in another, make sure that the temperature which the top pour is at is still fluid but not hot enough to melt the embed one. For some bases, that might not be possible since the portion you'd pour on top will solidify before its cool enough not to melt the layer or embed you're pouring on. If that's the case, you won't be able to use both suppliers for your design.

Edit: I think this might be posted in the wrong section of the forum.

Back