Cactus Flower Soap ??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittensmom

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1463750685.853198.jpg

Inspired by the Cactus in our pasture, which is getting ready to bloom, I want to make a CP or HP soap. I found a Cactus FO. Should I add bits of herbs or dry flowers and if so how might the soap react. From the Soapers School of 'what happened' I know that Using FO can be a challenge

I am always so happy when the cactus bloom as its a sigh of good pasture soil moisture. This is a stock photo TY!!!!

Cactus Flower Fragrance oil
This blooming desert fragrance is not a typical floral fragrance! Warm, dry and with a touch of herb notes this fragrance has top notes of orange blossom and sage, middle note of precious jasmine and rose with a woody base.

View attachment 21143

Inspired by the Cactus in our pasture, which is getting ready to bloom, I want to make a CP or HP soap. I found a Cactus FO. Should I add bits of herbs or dry flowers and if so how might the soap react. From the Soapers School of 'what happened' I know that Using FO can be a challenge

I am always so happy when the cactus bloom as its a sigh of good pasture soil moisture. This is a stock photo TY!!!!

Cactus Flower Fragrance oil
This blooming desert fragrance is not a typical floral fragrance! Warm, dry and with a touch of herb notes this fragrance has top notes of orange blossom and sage, middle note of precious jasmine and rose with a woody base.

I love seeing cactus flowers in bloom. My mom's parents had a cactus nursery when she was growing up and we used to visit it when I was a child. All the lovely cactus!

A cactus flower inspired soap sounds so lovely! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I think the cactus flower leaves are so delicate that they might not survive the lye very well, but why not hold out a bit of batter to test out how the flower holds up by just adding some to one or two individual molds.

I could see myself trying an oil infusion of cactus flowers to add to the mix (straining out the flowers first) and attempting colors to represent the unique blue/green of the cactus leaves as well as the yellow shades (or other shades) of the cactus flower.

Latest posts

Back