I Stink of Clove...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donniej

Reaction score
I've had this 50 pound box of stearic acid laying around for months... found a bunch of 1 pint mason jars on sale, so I ordered some wicks and bought a cheap pot :D

There's an artsy gallery tour downtown the first friday of every month. There's always college kids and crafts people selling there wares on the sidewalks... I figured I'd give it a try. So I picked up a 13 quart pot (stainless steel) for $10 at "Odd Lots", ~70 (1 pint) jars and 100 wicks, warning labels and I already have gallons of essential oils.

I melted the stearine acid (veg based) down and ladeled it into the jars with a plastic beaker, then added scent, mixed and added wicks. About 4 or 5 hours later I had 60 candles, made a huge mess, was covered in wax and stank of clove :D I also made Lemongrass, Citrus blend (Orange, Tangerine, Grapefruit & Lemongrass) and Sweet Basil. For some reason the clove over powers everything else. Oh well, I can think of worse things to smell of 8)

i love the smell of cloves and oranges. cloves is good, better than ...dog pooey.

I once got sick after eating ham with cloves. I can't even smell it now without feeling nauseous. :cry:

yes, clove is very strong - i use one glass stick for pouring all the essential oils i use, and guess what does it smell like - clove!
but, i don't mind, i like it - it's the cinnamon eo i cannot stand, and have to use it as i have orders.. somehow it felt stupid to say - nah, i don't like cinnamon :lol: and i love the real cinnamon, it's just that eo is so very strong..

Latest posts

Back