Bad Soap day

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pops1

Reaction score
Had a horrible soaping day yesterday ,nothing went right.I overheated 2 lots of soap(first time).Dropped the royal purple over the bench(nightmare to clean).Tried to get something out of a mold too soon instead of waiting(ruined mold and lost 2 fingernails).Knocked a bottle of Lily of the valley into the sink without the top on (used to love that oil now its making me feel nausea everytime l walk in the kitchen).My layers came apart for the first time(Grr).Tripped over the dog and now have 4 badly dented rose soaps and finally walked away from a filling sink and forgot about it for a couple of minutes(learn't the hard way that an awful lot of water comes out of a tap in a very short time)
I think l will pack the soaping materials away until after Christmas ,don't think l can stand the stress of it all.LOL
The highlight of the day watching my chincilla cat trying to negotiate the water on tippy toes until her highness gave me the right royal treatment of
jumping on my chair leaving a very soggy seat with a look that told me exactly what she thought of me and the water. :lol: :lol:

That's really too bad. :( A day like that calls for a strong drink and lots of chocolate!
Jude :)

I took it surprisingly well considering all l produced for hours of work, worthy of passing on as Christmas presents were 4 violet & rose cupcakes and even those need touching up.I should have put everything away after the first 10 minutes. :lol: Never mind its all in the learning curve but l thought l was on the way to knowing what l was doing ,my old Nana's favorite expression was "What we plan the Lord unplans"and after yesterday l think she was right .

sad for you, but as you said that you took it well, i must say your post made me laugh out loud! not in a mean way :wink:
hope you'll have strength to try again soon. my very first batch was a complete disaster, but it was good, as i thought something out of it.

After producing some great creations the other week l thought l was going so well but in soaping nothing is predictable as l found out the hard way. :lol:

Well Pauline, I've heard on the grapevine, that around this time of year the Soap Gremlins are especially jealous of all the attention that the Christmas Elves get, and the Soap Gremlins don't like this, so they attack profusely just to make sure that nobody forgets them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Pauline, I've heard on the grapevine, that around this time of year the Soap Gremlins are especially jealous of all the attention that the Christmas Elves get, and the Soap Gremlins don't like this, so they attack profusely just to make sure that nobody forgets them

Good one Chrissy :lol: :lol:

Back