Coffee EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this Alli. Coffee EO is daunting.

Sounds like Coffee might be similar to one of my other absolute favourites, Orange EO - expensive and difficult to keep in :cry:

If I can source the EO, I think I will try a three pronged approach, coffee infused water, coffee infused oil and coffee EO at trace.

As you can tell from my user name, I don't have a problem saving coffee grounds.:mrgreen:

Good luck! I used cold brew concentrate for the liquid & the essential oil. I used 3oz in my 125oz/oil batch but wished i would have used 4oz. The soap, now fully cured smells like coffee with a hint of ash. But more of a scalded coffee ash rather than cigarette ashtray.

I make a coffee extract using a alcohol vacuum extractor (Extractcraft). It will turn your head inside out- it is ~way~ too potent to taste. But it is perfect for making soap. Scented candles not so much, since it ends up smelling like burnt coffee. It is even better with a little mint in the soap, or almond extract.

I make a coffee extract using a alcohol vacuum extractor (Extractcraft). It will turn your head inside out- it is ~way~ too potent to taste. But it is perfect for making soap. Scented candles not so much, since it ends up smelling like burnt coffee. It is even better with a little mint in the soap, or almond extract.

Interesting! I'll look into it!

I wonder if a liquid soap would be better for the coffee eo?

After a good long cure, i am happy with this coffee soap. And i ended up only using 3oz eo. Got busy with stiring and didnt measure out another ounce. This coffee soap smells great though! A teeny tiny hint of burnt coffee when smelling the dry bar, but when washing it smells like a cup of joe!

My unscented coffee bar had a hint of a coffee scent from the strong coffee water and fine ground coffee.
It wasn't until i added vanilla FO to the recipe that sales jumped.

Coffee Scrub Bar.jpg

Back