Your favorite immersion blender?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After trying it out a few times, I'd like to give a glowing recommendation of Braun MQ505 Multiquick Hand Blender:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EA5ZI2U/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20. It's a replacement for my Cusinart that broke and started pumping bubbles into my soap.

Price:
$60 on Amazon. It was a splurge, but I figured I only live once...

Groovy Features:
  • Grippy coating on handle - actually helps with slipping and hand fatigue
  • Much quieter than my old SB. I could hear my music while it was running and DH commented how much quieter it was.
  • Short bell without air holes. Apparently it's supposed to help with splashing. It actually DID help! The surface of my container just rippled without the splashy vortex of my old SB.
  • Two speeds that were actually noticeable.
  • Whirly-blade is much duller than my old Cusinart. Previously, I almost always popped a hole in my glove during cleanup... that hasn't happened at all with this one.
  • Doesn't seem to vibrate as much as my old SB. That's a real benefit for me (have some wrist issues due to a lifetime of keyboarding).
  • Feels like quality - I think I'll have it around for a long time

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a Cuisinart SmartStick for the last three years and am very happy with it. So far it's entirely reliable; who knows if it will "last a lifetime," but since it only cost $30, I won't be too upset if I have to replace it before I die. ( but I found this post to be useful: https://www.reviewho.com/best-immersion-blenders/ which discuss some of the best immersion blender models) hope it will help!

im still a little surprised no-one has mentioned that the suction effect on the bottom of the bowl is so annoying and fatiguing. many of the different ones I have used have this problem. I need one that pulses and has a normal switch, stainless shaft and won't grab and suction the bottom of the bowl. Any suggestions?

Yes, after burping the blender bell on the bottom of the container, raise it just a little and turn it on. Do not raise it near the surface, but just enough off the bottom of the container to prevent suction.

I think the suction effect is more of a problem if the container is narrow relative to the diameter of the SB. I don’t have a suction problem when the container is wide enough to allow the batter to circulate and/or also allows me to hold the SB slightly tilted, but still well submerged.

I always have the suction problem even in my big crock pot. What works for me is to keep it slightly tilted...and it doesn't take much. If I keep it parallel to the bottom I have a hard time even moving it a bit. The trick then is to make sure that your tilt isn't too steep and doesn't make the SB splatter soap all over the place.

I used my Costco member rewards to get a Cuisinart stick blender earlier this year, so the price was very reasonable. I believe the price is $28 USD. It's pretty heavy and would be great in a fight. Stainless steel seems excessive for a mixer!

The cord is so stiff that it knocks things over, so logistics is important. No complaints about it's working, but if I find one at an estate sale for a few bucks, I'm going to pick it up. This thing is overbuild IMO but functionally, is a champ.

I checked into getting a second stick to use for non-soap mixing, but the replacement was more than the price of the entire blender!

Latest posts

Back