Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm also on Ravelry (yup, I knit and soap!) and a member of a soap making forum there. This morning, there was a message asking for a new admin for the group. I, um.... may have volunteered. I am now administrator and moderator for a soap making group on a knitting forum.

Thankfully, I'm not in on it alone. Another woman volunteered and is now a moderator.

Have fun with this new adventure. Before I had to stop knitting I was a frequent visitor to Ravelry. It's a great forum. This was before I started soaping, so I never knew there was a soap making group there.

Been there, done that. Can tell you how I volunteered, and how I got out. Have fun!

Susie, I've been an admin there before. Had a group for my knitting podcast (it died), a group for a friend's website (she died, sadly). It's not a first for me. I'm hoping, however, that I can keep this group alive. There are some active soap makers there and I'm hoping that between us all, we can reactivate the group.

Are you also Misschief on Ravelry? I'm on Ravelry, too, and like Arimara, I have patterns I'll never finish. Same thing with Pinterest. I've got a knitting board with a crapton of stuff I'd love to make, and probably never will. I'm "ctrteresa" on Ravelry. I had no idea there was a soaping group there. Then again, I haven't been on Ravelry in a while. I started knitting again yesterday and was only able to do 3 rows on a pair of socks (two at a time, toe up) before I had to call it quits. Hands and arms aren't what they used to be. I really need to do some PT to get into knitting form.

I've already had a request for a link to the Handmade Soapmakers group on Ravelry. If anyone else is interested, please, feel free to join us there. Here's the link: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/handmade-soapmakers

Obviously, you do need to be a member of Ravelry (free). It's not a terribly active group but there are a number of active users.

Back