Baby Wipe Solution - Preservative Help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
SO!

I make a baby wipe solution for my little bear, and since I only make it for her in small batches, I make it fresh every time I make it and don't use a preservative - because I'm home, I can always make more.

Anyway. My cousin just had a baby - and she's cloth diapering. I'm putting together a care package for her and want to send her some wipe solution - maybe about 8 oz? Along with the recipe of how to make it, incase she wants to.

This is what's in it:
- Water
- Lavender Water (1/2 TBS)
- Aloe Vera Juice (1/2 TBS)
- Grated Castile (1/2 TBS)
- Grapefruit Seed Extract (1/2 tsp)
- Virgin Coconut Oil (Heaping 1/2 TBS)

So, all of that to make about 1/2 cup of solution (Sorry I know I should be doing this by weight). And I use that much GSE because its been effective in treating yeast rashes. I know there are lots of variations on this - but this is what I make and it works well for us.

Anyway.... can I use germall plus as a preservative in this for her so that it lasts for her? I mean, she might not use it right away...I'd hate for it go bad on her.... Or is there a different preservative ya'll recommend?

And if I use germall - I will try it at the max.. 2%?

(And yes, I will work out all my measurements for weight so that its accurate).

Thank you!

ETA: I suppose the other option is sending her everything she needs along with the directions....

Last edited:
Back