Hello!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellySoapCo

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Kelly a 20 year old soaper from Arizona. I have been soaping on and off for three years now and recently fell into the hobby full throttle. I am working very hard to try and establish soap as my primary form of income as I finish my business degree at college.

I have made some youtube videos in the past here and there, but now I am sticking to a strict once a week schedule! If you are interested, please check out my channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCsZXaP9oPJfhaYxKVPiKnA?view_as=subscriber

I'm excited to be a part of a whole forum of like-minded individuals who love soap as much as I do! My family just doesn't understand the obsession LOL!

Thank you for taking time to read my little introduction :) :bunny:

Hi and Welcome to our little soaping corner of the Web , Happy to have you here with us. And yes , the obsession is very much real , but it's healthy , clean , and refreshing so enjoy .

Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed your video. Are you mixing your lye and water in a glass jar? That can cause injuries as glass can get brittle and break.

Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed your video. Are you mixing your lye and water in a glass jar? That can cause injuries as glass can get brittle and break.

Yes I have made my lye water for the last couple years in mason jars but just this week learned about the potential for it to shatter. I have ordered a stainless steel pitcher to mix it in from now on. Thanks for worrying about me!! I was surprised when I learned glass wasn't safe

Welcome.gif

hey and welcome! ;) Glad lsg checked your video, because my tapatalk on android can't seem to watch your video now. It's a broken link for me. :(

Hi Kelly- nice to have you aboard! I liked your planing video :)

Yes I have made my lye water for the last couple years in mason jars but just this week learned about the potential for it to shatter. I have ordered a stainless steel pitcher to mix it in from now on. Thanks for worrying about me!! I was surprised when I learned glass wasn't safe

I think working with gloves on will save you lye burns as well.

Hello Kelly and welcome aboard. I think it's fantastic that you want to use your degree and start a soaping business. Since you have experience making soap, now it's time to think like a boss.

As your business grows and you explore hiring employees, safety and developing standard operating procedures are a must. This is a great time to do this while you are in school. Skin and eye protection are the very essential starting points - beginning with you. The best leaders lead by example and not 'do as I say, not as I do'.

Welcome Kelly :)
Lots of good advice here. I wish I had discovered soaping so young! What is it like being on youtube? I would never have the guts!

Hello Kelly and welcome aboard. I think it's fantastic that you want to use your degree and start a soaping business. Since you have experience making soap, now it's time to think like a boss.

As your business grows and you explore hiring employees, safety and developing standard operating procedures are a must. This is a great time to do this while you are in school. Skin and eye protection are the very essential starting points - beginning with you. The best leaders lead by example and not 'do as I say, not as I do'.

I think working with gloves on will save you lye burns as well.

haha please don't take my year old videos as an accurate representation of how I soap now. I always wear gloves now.

Welcome Kelly :)
Lots of good advice here. I wish I had discovered soaping so young! What is it like being on youtube? I would never have the guts!
Thank you!! It's actually not as scary as I thought it would be. I have a couple different channels for my different hobbies and I never get rude comments or mean people. I have had one rude comment once and I just blocked them and it never happened again. You can do it!! I promise its not that scary once you post that first video. It's kind of like writing a blog post but in visual format.

Back