WSP - Cyber Monday FO sale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you get a sample of an FO? I've made at least 7 purchases from whole sale supplies and I've never once ever received a sample from them.

Do I have to specially ask for a sample or is it only certain ones and you have to pay for them?

Yeah, just received my first orders from WSP in many years, and was a bit perturbed there was no sample. I bought $20 worth of mica from Nurture, shipped free, and they put a sample FO in there, grrrrr.

I received notification that my order has been shipped this morning...considering the volume that I'm sure they experienced I consider that not bad...say what you want about their hidden charges, etc. but I didn't see any of our other major suppliers offering 35% off...they do offer freebies in the form of coupons that YOU get to choose...I guess we all have our opinions but I see a major player in this industry coming up shy on the discounts ...pushing gift certificates is not my idea of a sale....

I received notification that my order has been shipped this morning...considering the volume that I'm sure they experienced I consider that not bad...say what you want about their hidden charges, etc. but I didn't see any of our other major suppliers offering 35% off...they do offer freebies in the form of coupons that YOU get to choose...I guess we all have our opinions but I see a major player in this industry coming up shy on the discounts ...pushing gift certificates is not my idea of a sale....

What day did you order?

I figure prices with shipping, so I calculate WSP's $5 in with their prices. I don't have a problem with a published handling fee...everyone is charging handling, whether you see a charge for it or not. It's in with the postage or the product pricing. It has to be for any place with multiple employees. I am disappointed in the lack of samples, and I admit that will play into who I purchase from in the future, BUT...despite no samples, WSP and a couple of others get my orders to me a lot quicker than others, and that plays into whether I'll buy from them again or not.

Anyone else receive shipping notices from WSP? (If so, when did you order?)

I wish they'd put a note on their site what dates they're shipping from like BB does :problem:

I received the bulk of my order this Monday with an additional box the next day....so thats a week and eight days .....I'm pleased...working with their vetiver fragrance as we speak....

Thanks! I ordered on the 30th, so maybe I'll get a ship notice today :::fingers crossed::: My BB order is due to arrive Saturday, hoping WSP ships soon so I can make some soap! (I ordered embed paper from WSP, base from BB lol, I want to make some special soaps for Christmas and I need a little time to play with it first, just in case!)

I placed my order 3 hours into the first day of the sale and got my shipping notice yesterday.

I wonder if they do the big or business orders first?

My shipping notice came about an hour ago. I ordered at 3pm on the 30th. (In case anyone else is looking to see how close their order is to being shipped!)

I placed my order on the 28th, and received it tonight. I expected a slower than normal turn around to get the order shipped since it was a big sale.

But, this is what has me really annoyed. This is the second time I have received an order from them with a note that says 'sorry xxx was out of stock and a credit has been issued'. This time it was an FO that I am getting low on, but not a big deal. Last time it was something I really needed, waited 2 weeks for the order to ship and then had to turn around and order from another vendor. Would it be so hard to send a notice when the order is processed, so that a person could have a heads up and order elsewhere? Last time I was so annoyed it was about a year before I even looked at their website. I'll still order the few things I get from them I can't get elsewhere, but not often. And I was so happy they got rid of the packing peanuts too...

Latest posts

Back