HP milk soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can be done and it turns out lovely. I can't recall if I added the milk after the cook or during but it turned out to be one of my favourites because of the lather. I think I used cream, actually, with oatmeal and honey. Give it a whirl.

It can be done and it turns out lovely. I can't recall if I added the milk after the cook or during but it turned out to be one of my favourites because of the lather. I think I used cream, actually, with oatmeal and honey. Give it a whirl.

That sounds nice. I think I'm going to play it a bit safe and do it half milk and half water. I'll try it and post the results. Thanks.

When I HP my Coconut Milk soap, I use a water/milk combination. My recipe calls for 151 g of Lye and 353 g of liquid. I separate the liquid to 151 g distilled water and mix it with the lye. Add that to my oils and blend to combine. I then add 202 g of COLD coconut milk and blend to trace. Cook until done and it comes out a nice slightly off white. I have alot of olive oil in the recipe, so it isn't nice and white....but it is the same color as when CP the same recipe....

Hope this helps!

When I HP my Coconut Milk soap, I use a water/milk combination. My recipe calls for 151 g of Lye and 353 g of liquid. I separate the liquid to 151 g distilled water and mix it with the lye. Add that to my oils and blend to combine. I then add 202 g of COLD coconut milk and blend to trace. Cook until done and it comes out a nice slightly off white. I have alot of olive oil in the recipe, so it isn't nice and white....but it is the same color as when CP the same recipe....

Hope this helps!

Sounds good. Do you know about how hot you let the mix get when you're cooking it? Doing mine in a crock pot and I'm thinking that keeping it on low or warm would be advisable in this case.

I keep mine around 100. I freeze my milk then add it to the lye. When I add the lye to it, I keep stirring and set my container in a bowl of ice water so the milk won't burn. If you cook it too low, you'll get false trace.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Sounds good. Do you know about how hot you let the mix get when you're cooking it? Doing mine in a crock pot and I'm thinking that keeping it on low or warm would be advisable in this case.

I am SO SORRY that I haven't responded sooner! I use the double boiler method. Not sure what the temp gets to, but when the cook is done, it looks exactly like applesauce and hardens to the creamy off white...

Back