Extracts?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barred rock

Reaction score
Can I use food grade extracts for scents...like: vanilla, peppermint, almond, etc?

Nope, they won't stick. If they do, it'll be so faint it won't be worth the cost. EOs/FOs are much better value since they stay for much much longer.

You CAN use them, but like people said you may not get much bang for your buck, and the alcohol can be problematic.

Here's my suggestion for you and EVERY NEW SOAPER - get to know the search function and also try just reading. Searching can challenging since you need to know what questions to ask, and what words are likely to work. As a new soaper, you have BUNCHES of questions, and a lot of them have been discussed before. One thing that I found enormously helpful (and entertaining, truth be told) when I started on forums was to go back in time to the beginning and just start reading. Make notes as you go. You will be amazed at the wealth of information ALREADY at your fingertips - you won't even have to wait for responses.

completely agree with carebear. we are always here to help, but newbies would be extremely well served by doing some research before asking basic questions in the forums. many of you already do this, and you are much appreciated! and, as carebear says, you will not only learn a WHOLE lot, but will be entertained as well :)

i have found the search engine here helpful and really entertaining, even as an experienced soapmaker. (which maybe why i tend to bump zombie threads...)

ahhhh! now i know how to get hazel (the new mod!) on my side. good to know. good to know.

Back