fair trade shea and cocoa butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolla

Reaction score
Hello fellow soapers! Does anyone have any recomendations for soap supply companies that offer fair trade shea and/or cocoa butter? I've been scouring the web without much luck. Most everything I find are limited to 8-16 oz. containers. Any help would be much appreciated!

I recently bought 5lbs of fair trade Shea from a company in England, www.akomaskincare.co.uk. It wasn't bad but I'm not sure how fresh it was. I was once given a sample of Shea by a man at the farmers market that had a wonderful nutty smell, and it was very soft. I'm sure that the butter was from this year because he goes back to his country yearly to restock on his supplies of African souvenirs that he sells on the market. I think my next purchase will be from him.

Anyway, the shea butter from akoma came in one big hard chunk, even in warm summer weather, and it's very grainy. Even after rubbing the butter between your hands until it melted, it was still grainy. But I guess if the butter is used for soaps then texture doesn't matter so much.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back