What blends with cedarwood?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gekko62

Reaction score
I love c'wood,but it does tend to smell a little 'musty' so what would it blend nicely with.Sandalwood is good,patch drowns it out I reckon...I seem to be stuck in a hippie mindset here! LoL..need some inspiration! :roll: :)

it's a great blender. I mix it with patch, sandalwood, lavender, lime, tangerine (add a titch of patch to any of the citrus blends as the cedarwood alone doesn't hold it all that long); lemongrass, eucalpytus. I'm sure there's more, that's just what I tend to use it for. Check out the rainbow meadows blend site for other ideas!

I love lemongrass, cedarwood & eucalyptus. And it keeps the bugs away too.Use more Lemongrass & very little eucalyptus, with cedarwood, being somewhere around 1/2 of the lemongrass. That's what we use in our bug balms. The lemongrass balances out the musky smell of the cedarwood. I use eucalyptus, well...because I just love it.

Great ideas! Thanks everyone :) I think I'll try c'wood.v/s'wood/lime. I just did a cedar/sandal/rosewood blend too,& it smells gooood. :)

I keep coming back to cedarwood and lavender-- just made some soap with them last night!

Back