Testing some new NG FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't soap much anymore and I rarely experiment with scents either. I have a favorite FO blend and that is all I'll probably use since everyone likes it.

Anyways..last natures garden order I picked a couple 1oz samples and I finally got around to soaping with them today.

First is fresh basil FO. Now this doesn't smell like basil, not really but it is a super nice green scent. Probably the best green I've smelled, no floral or hay notes at all, just a sweet green plant.
Absolutely no acceleration or ricing and its not supposed to discolor at all. I made a white and green soap with it.

Second is vanilla champagne FO. I smelled a champagne FO once that was amazing but I don't know who its from so I'm searching for it. This particular FO isn't what I wanted but its very nice.
A light sweet vanilla with a bubbly aspect to it, just like champagne and vanilla. It would be great in candles or aroma beads. No floral notes and its not sickly sweet like some food scents. My daughter likes it so much so almost stole my little sample bottle lol.

Should discolor to a light tan which I hope it does, I left the batter uncolored and put in a little white swirls. Is supposed to stick really well. Behaved beautifully.

Latest posts

Back