Powdered Sugar in Lip Balms

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I'm quite aware that many references DO give a blanket warning that ALL citrus EOs are photosensitizers, but it's pretty clear one needs to research each EO individually to really know the true story.

Very true. For example- the 'folded' type of citrus EO's are not photosensitizers either. The photosensitizing component has been removed. I use either 5-fold or 10-fold orange EO in my balms all the time.

By the way- thank you for sharing with us your favorite EO blend, DeeAnna.. That was very generous of you, and it looks quite lovely! :)

IrishLass :)

All three EOs are "GRAS" -- generally recognized as safe -- per Tisserand, Essential Oil Safety, 2nd ed.
The main concern with mandarin or sweet...

Thanks for the info and book recommendation!

*I use pure stevia leaf powder and like the results.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this information and your recipe as well. Will have to try it. I do sweeten most of my lip balms as my customers seem to like them that way. I only use a touch of sweetner (stevia).

I've been lurking a few months as I really have nothing to offer to the forum. However I have used a "lot" of the great info here so wanted to just say thank you.
What a great forum with great folks!

Latest posts

Back