What % of hard butters to oils in lotion recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not mean disrespect, I am old woman and still I take any syntetic over nothing. I am old school, and I avoid toxic ingredients as much as possible. Come on we were syntetic clothes and use syntetic mops.

I had a really succesful lotions and creams using optiphen plus, the secret is to add it in temps lower than 45 Celsius. I had never had seperation using my termometer, and watching the temps.

I do not think anyone here uses FO in face lotions, most people use Essential oils. Not many essential oils can kill bacteria, even if that is possible you would need a lot of that,,

I am on bp medication too, and I will take meds when I need them, syntetic or not. I am also trained herbalist back home, and have a sound knowledge of herbs, and still i preserve my lotions, I could not risk health of my family, and my precious grandchild

I know what you mean I grew up in the small island in Philippines, we use a lot of herb but we still using paracetamol because no herb can replace paracetamol. Maybe I will give it a try I am not sure what preservative to use, I need more research.

normally, its better to eat the fruit because the fiber balances the sugars.

but when you are sick your body needs extra fluids, and sugars, so juice is better. only REAL juice tho.

and i do take medications if i need them, but a lot of time you dont need them. even if you are sick, most of the time meds wont really help (flu, colds, etc).
even many medical conditions are not really helped by drugs. the best thing i ever did for my ulcers was to stop taking the drugs. some drugs are essential for certain conditions, but most are not.

I would never take anything for flue or cold beside herbs, I am allergic to Asa so aspirin is out of question. the best for stomach ulcers is (in most cases) to cure the backteria Hyplorii bacteria and start using flax :)

my ulcers are not caused by bacteria. so i cant take a magic pill to get rid of them. any time i get stressed it comes back. or if i eat something im allergic to. my stomach/intestines just like to attack itself.

so i made my lotion and it irritates my skin.
argh
so its the preservative that i am allergic to

so i will make a batch with no preservative for my own use and see if that fixes the irritation.
if it does, then i will try this stuff: http://www.lotioncrafter.com/leucidal-liquid.html
if that stuff also irritates my skin, then i will just make my lotion for myself preservative free and keep it in the fridge
its too bad you cant freeze lotion...it would be great to freeze it in cubes and just take a cube out every day for that days use, but i hear freezing it makes the emulsification separate.

Back