Two color soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy318

Reaction score
So this is just my third batch of soap. Maybe I'm not ready for worrying about colors, but I thought this looked like it might be simple. :)

I used the recipe I used the last time and so far the soap is behaving perfectly.

After blending to trace, I added my eos, then separated a little less than half of the soap out into a plastic mixing bowl with a spout.

I added spirulina to the larger portion and poured it in the mold. I added parsley flakes (too many) to the smaller portion then slowly poured it into the mold as close as I could to the surface aaaannnnddd it disappeared into a single line along the top!

I swirled the top *a little* but not much because, well, because I have no idea what I'm doing. :)

How do you make a two-color soap with no swirls?

The first two pics are my soap in the mold, the last one is the photo I found and was trying to copy.

1440893189013.jpg

1440893205028.jpg

1440893243280.jpg

that looks great to be honest

to get layers without swirls you'll want the soap to be a little thicker when you start, pour it in and bang it down, then test just a little bit on the end till the surface tension will hold the batter up, and pour very close in, slowly over spatula to spread it evenly

Ahhh...seems pretty simple!

The picture of the cut bars is just something I found on Pinterest that I wanted to copy. Hopefully I can cut mine tomorrow.

Back