Fragrances you just cannot stand..whats yours?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ug, Lemon Eucalyptus really makes me wrinkle my nose. It smells like citronella (which also isn't a favorite). NG also has a fragrance oil called Cognac & Cigars that is an all-time least favorite in our house!

Mark another patchouli hater down. I think it might have something to do with hanging out in a house full of patchouli incense and getting quite sick (for other reasons :lol:) when I was a teenager. Now, every time I smell it I feel slightly ill.

I recently ordered a Bobbi Brown "Beach"-type fragrance oil for a friend of mine who loves the ocean. It got rave reviews and everyone seems to love it. It was the worst! It smelled ok OOB, but when I soaped with it, it got about 100x stronger and it just smelled like the most overpowering perfumey mess I have ever smelled. I can't even describe it. It gave me the worst headache and my house smelled like it for DAYS. It did NOT smell fresh or clean or crisp at ALL. Just overpowering and SHARP.

Yup. Same here. It's awful!

Latest posts

Back