Neutralisation on liquid soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biarine

Reaction score
I am confused, I watched a lot of YouTube videos of making liquid soap. I wanted to know if I need to neutralise my soap if my superfat is 0? And how much borax or CA in per grams of lye? Thank you.

No need to neutralize if you have 0% superfat or higher. There are still many "traditional" liquid soapmakers on YouTube that use the Failor method. There is just no need for all those steps.

No need to neutralize if you have 0% superfat or higher. There are still many "traditional" liquid soapmakers on YouTube that use the Failor method. There is just no need for all those steps.

Thank you Susie because it's very confusing. It's really helpful.

There is no better place for LS making than this forum and the relative threads, I totally agree with what others have said, forget about all the other stuff and go with what is on here and you will be fine. And again I once thought the same as you but learned that none of neutralising stuff was necessary, mind you I made a thousand gallons of experimental & failures before i got it into my head :headbanging:LOL! Got there in the end as will you.

Back