oily skin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black soap n candle lady

Reaction score
Hello. I need some advice. I always see yummy ideas when everyone else talks here and now I have no idea what to do. See, I have a dear friend that is 12 years old and she has oily skin. I thought about a yogurt and coconut creme tomato soap. I thought to do the same with grapefruit juice. Please help me make this girl some soap for Christmas! Thank you. :oops:

How's about a little bit of white kaolin clay?

It's my favorite face soap magic.

I've had great results with a plain lard, lye, and water bar.

You could jazz it up with a nice fragrance and some cute packaging.

I make a black & white swirled Carcoal/Clay soap (I use Kaolin clay for this soap) that I just love, especially to use on my face. I have all the ladies at work hooked on it as well. The great thing about it is, it works great for everyone who has tried it so far, whether their skin is oily, normal or dry.

kwahlne said:
Or a charcoal soap? Or maybe that's more for acne...
Yes... she has acne too. I would love to learn to make charcoal soaps. I've seen some really awesome pictures of them on the forum! :lol:

Any of the citrus extracts would prove phenomenal to an anti-oily skin application - esp. lemon and grapefruit. :twisted:

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! I will get to work on this and keep you all posted. I've got to get my son to help me put up some pics in the gallery. :oops: I don't know how.

oily soap

rosemary is very good for oily/blemish-prone skin about .5 oz ppo. clay is great too. maybe a little oatmeal or jojoba beads for some gentle exfoliation... also you may want to use more coconut oil (drying) or use less of a lye discount.

Back