These Fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaccart789

Reaction score
Has anyone used these fragrances from BB:

10x Orange Essential Oil
Eucalyptus Blossom Fragrance Oil
Lemongrass Essential Oil
Christmas Forest
Sleigh Ride Fragrance Oil
Black Raspberry Vanilla

Tell me if you love or can't stand. I am wanting to purchase these. After, buying a few recently and not being thrilled (Fresh Snow for example) I am stuck with 16oz of fragrances I am not crazy about. I like to buy the large size because of shipping costs, but its a risk. I know fragrance is subjective but I typically agree with the masses.

Thanks!

The only one from your list that I have is their Orange EO 10X. I really like it a lot. I made a soap with it last year, and believe it or not, it still smells wonderfully strong (I just smelled a bar I had left over)! Needless to say, I'm very happy with it. :) Oh- I used it @ 1 oz ppo in a CP batch that was soaped around 115F and that fully gelled.

IrishLass :)

I didn't like Fresh Snow oob either. However, I had some Blue Spruce FO from Candlescience that I mixed it with for reed diffusers and it was fantastic. It smelled too much like detergent straight, but really blossomed with the spruce. HTH.

I haven't used the others you listed, but the Santa's Spruce is a great christmas forest (with some sweetness). It mixes good with peppermint for a nice wintry mix.

I have 10x orange, but only soaped in combination with another fo. Oob it's nice enough, but with a little "accent" to it that I don't have with regular orange eo. Btw, the fo color is quite orange, pretty...but I expect it will affect color of soap to some degree.

Also have Christmas Forest; we all like it oob, but slightly synthetic. Actually hope to soap with it today....if/when I can get people OUT of the kitchen.

I have used Fresh Snow, and I like it at first smell. But it's very sweet. Glad I used it for laundry soap, but won't again unless mixed with something else.

Last edited:
Thank you! I truly appreciate all of your input. Definitely 10x Orange Essential Oil is on my list.

Kharmon... I have Santa's Spruce. I like that one a lot!

The only one from your list that I’ve tried is Black Raspberry Vanilla. I really like this version…especially because TSW is apparently not going to restock theirs. It doesn’t accelerate or discolor and really sticks…so it’s a dream to work with. I’ve also have Peaks and AH/RE versions. All nice. I like to blend it with BB’s Champagne… so to make it simple, I often order it from BB.

I've used their lemongrass and the BRV, both are nice. One I have really fallen in love with from them is the Southern Peach.. oh my, I could sit and smell that all day.

Lemongrass and Litsea is a great combination. Litsea will really kick up the lemongrass, but I have not tried Brambleberry EO's. I purchase all eo's, other than Patchouli, from either NDA or Liberty Naturals. Patchouli I purchase from Fragrance Labatory

Personally I love Sleigh Ride. I used it on a COCP soap which was my first try. I split the batch into thirds and colored on white, one red, and one green. I did not scent the white once, but I did add the FO to the other two. I didn't have any problems, and I love the scent. I do think it is a little light and would like it to be stronger so I'd recommend adding the FO on the heavier side. I plan to add some when I get around to making ls to see if the scent I stronger.

I haven't tried the others so I have no recommendations on those.

I HATE Fresh Snow but lots of other people like it. It makes me a little nauseated. I'm in the thumb's down camp on Energy too.

Another orange to consider is their Orange Peel FO. Love it! and it sticks pretty well. I think it holds far better than an EO, but I have liked their 10X orange EO as well.

I thought SLeigh Ride was okay. It used to be called Country Kitchen, I believe, and it's a slightly spiced mix with citrus in it. Didn't knock my socks off.

Santa's Spruce is pretty good and Christmas Forest was good too. I think it's really hard to get a pine forest scent that captures that fresh air quality a real christmas tree has. I think both of these are good but they don't smell exactly like the real thing to me.

Newbie I don't like Energy either! I thought I was the minority on that one. Fresh Snow smells like a synthetic fake scent, almost like plastic. I can't put my finger on it. I love laundry clean scents normally, but this one is nauseating.

I have Santa Spruce which I like. I will check out Christmas Forest too!

Ourwolfden... thanks for feedback. I think I am going to give it a try!!

I HATE Fresh Snow but lots of other people like it. It makes me a little nauseated.

I made the mistake of buying Fresh Snow to use in snowflake soaps and I detest it too! I can see what they were aiming for but it is nauseating. I tried mixing a little with Eucalyptus and Lavender EO but it still overpowered them.....

I recently soaped the 10x Orange. It smells good and 1 month later seems to be sticking. It does turn the soap orange. Also, your soap will remain softer longer.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Black Raspberry Vanilla. 1 year later and the soap still smells great.

You can't go wrong with Lemongrass EO. It is fresh like lemon eucalyptus and lots of people like it. I used it in a 0.8 oz ppo HPCP batch and it maintained really well.

I recently soaped with BB Christmas Forest. It has more of a heavy spruce scent than I would care to shower with, so I lightened it up with 10x orange and a leftover EO blend I had made earlier. It ended up being pretty decent with the "forest" still present, but so not overwhelming. No discoloration in this soap. Christmas Forest kind of reminds me of the evergreen car airfreshner, which never was my favorite. In any case, it smells more like a spruce to me than a pine, if you can distinguish. As for the BB 10x, I haven't used it on its own so can't really speak to that yet.

I rather like Sleigh Ride OOB but haven't soaped with it yet. Same goes for Black Raspberry Vanilla, to a lesser degree. I'll reserve judgement on these until after they've met the lye monster.

Latest posts

Back