• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dragon's Blood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

This is a bit premature but I should be ordering 25 lbs of Dragon's Blood in the next week or so, but not sure how long production will take. I am just putting out feelers to find out if anyone be interested in some. I really did not need the full 25#'s but was the least I could get made. This is the DB I have used for a couple of years and love. It is very complex, soaps well but does turn dark brown, although not the almost black some will turn. It is not a cheap DB, but runs around $25 per lb, I have not received my final quote. This is my best seller and really helps build a men's clientele. Some that smell it smell cola, some smell chocolate and some smell vanilla, I smell them all... I soap it at 1 oz -1.1 oz per lb and it is quite strong. Some would probably go less than my percentages.

We tried to get it made in another fragrance house but it just did not have the depth of this one and accelerated pretty bad. I was sorry it just did not work and smell as well because it was quite a bit less expensive. Many times with FO you get what you pay for. NG's DB was a disaster for me and the closest to mine is from Pure Fragrance but that one goes an extremely dark chocolate.

Forgot to mention the cost will be what I pay for it

Last edited:
I've never smelled/tried Dragon's Blood. I'm going to try some from Pure Fragrance to see if it is anything I'll like. I've been wanting to try it, but whenever I order FOs, there are so many that sound so great that I just know I'll love, DB gets lost in the buy. I can't judge a fragrance OOB because so far two have been stinkers OOB and one has turned into my favorite FO so far and the other has mellowed out quite nicely.

ETA: Just placed an order from Pure Fragrance. 20 sample sized bottles of fragrance oils. I must stop this. When I logged in, there were 17 already in my shopping cart. I am hopeless.

Last edited:
Carolyn, how will it be packaged? Do they send it to you in several smaller containers, or are you going to have to re-package it into smaller containers? If the latter, what would you be willing to do any smaller portions, say 8-ounces?

I've tried out Carolyn's DB (thanks again for the sample, Carolyn!) and have to say it's fantastic... Fantastic like: walk past bathroom, catch a whiff, go inside and bury your nose in it. That kind of fantastic.

I'd buy a pound but just annihilated my supply budget for the year restocking. Grr.

That is so nice of you to do Carolyn.

I would so buy a pound of DB from you, and pay for shippingcosts to Norway. But as DB aaaaalways seem to have a low flashpoint I can never ever get to test out any of the DB fragrances... I am so incredibly curious how they smell as so many can`t get enough of it. *sob*.

Carolyn, how will it be packaged? Do they send it to you in several smaller containers, or are you going to have to re-package it into smaller containers? If the latter, what would you be willing to do any smaller portions, say 8-ounces?
It will come in a tote. Yes I could do smaller

That is so nice of you to do Carolyn.

I would so buy a pound of DB from you, and pay for shippingcosts to Norway. But as DB aaaaalways seem to have a low flashpoint I can never ever get to test out any of the DB fragrances... I am so incredibly curious how they smell as so many can`t get enough of it. *sob*.
The bottle I have now is showing a flash point of 178º F / 81º C to low for air. Maybe I could just send you a couple of bars after my next batch is done curing, just for the cost of shipping

The bottle I have now is showing a flash point of 178º F / 81º C to low for air. Maybe I could just send you a couple of bars after my next batch is done curing, just for the cost of shipping

Oh, that would be so great, I would love that, thank you! Just let me know how much you need in shipping when the time comes. You`re a peach! : )

Oh, that would be so great, I would love that, thank you! Just let me know how much you need in shipping when the time comes. You`re a peach! : )
Can you pm me your mailing information. I will start finding out what forms I need to send to you. I know when I send to a friend in South Africa I have to fill out the customs forms but just do it online.

I'm interested in some.

I would love to purchase some whenever you get it in. Just let me know pricing and shipping information when appropriate.

Thanks!:)

Can you pm me your mailing information. I will start finding out what forms I need to send to you. I know when I send to a friend in South Africa I have to fill out the customs forms but just do it online.

Will do! Thank you: )

The DB was ordered last Friday, this company can be slow so will let everyone know when it comes in. I am hoping it is not forever since I need to make DB for the holidays. From what my friend told me, they can take up to 3 weeks but his is trying sooner.
@MySoapyHeart I have not forgotten you, I was tied up with taking mom to doctors and markets last week. Will try to get your soap out this week

Latest posts

Back