Hi Chandler from the UK

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CandlingNan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I had better introduce myself. I am Pauline and been making candles for a couple of years now and I am just moving into Bakery melts and candles.

I also care for my youngest grand children 4 yr old old twins from the time they finish nursery school at 11.30 am till one of their parents can pick them up and it is from them that my nick came from, they call me their Candling Nan and are my best critics and helpers. No they are not allowed near the hot wax but they do unmould the melts, label and help pack them away.

I love reading about soap making and am hoping in the near future (and when I can afford to) I want to start making soap and B+B products. The thing that is putting me off at the moment is the cost to get certified the cheapest I have found is £150 about $293 USD so I really need to save and get enough for soap and B+B certs. Oh well it will come in time :lol:

I look forward to reading all post on here and learning loads so when I start soaping I will have a wealth of knowledge to rely on

Happy soaping and Candling

Thank you both for the welcome and Becky I know just like candling and I am half way there already.

Hi Pauline & Welcome !
I make soap in the UK without certification. I just use it myself or give away as gifts. I shall start thinking about certification when I have had a lot more practice! So, go on, have a go and make some for yourself!
Good Luck,
Emma. x

Back