One I've been working on

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falldowngobump

Reaction score
I haven't posted pictures in forever but love looking at everyones beauties (thank you!) This is one I've been messing around with.
DSCN3034.jpg

Wow! That's amazing! You must have so much patience. Thanks for sharing the pic. Did you scent it? It makes me think of mint chocolate ice cream with a cherry in the middle. :D

Thanks everyone! My log mold holds around 48 oz--I made a batch that was 24 oz, spilt it in two, scented and colored one with cocoa powder, and the other part with wreath green lab color. I put a divider down the middle of the mold and poured the brown and the green on either side--my husband held the divider in place for me.. Then I carefully pulled the divider out. When that was good and set, I did the process again, with another 24 oz of batter, split it, once again coloring green and brown . I placed the divider right on top on the set up soap and poured the green on top of the poured brown and the brown on top of the green---and then said a prayer. I wasn't sure it was going to work. The next day, I unmolded and cut. I took a small round cookie cuter and cut a whole in the middle of the bars. (they were still pretty soft). I placed masking tape over the hole (to keep the new soap from leaking out ) and layed the bars down flat, mixed a small amout of soap batter, and squirted it in the holes. then I walked away and hoped for the best. I think it's sort of cool, but waaaay to much work to make very many of them. Sometimes it's nice to do something different just to do it.

I was right - you do have patience and a considerate husband. You'll have to tell him thanks from me. I'm glad your experiment worked out for you. :D

That is so cool.

Thank you for sharing your technique. I never would have thought to add the red in at the end! And I never would have thought that masking tape would be sticky enough to grab on to the newly cut soap.

Seriously neat.

The tape really didn't stick too well to the underside of the soap. I was sure to cut the bars as straight as possible and lay them flat, tape side down. The red soap was at a really thick trace and that helped with any leaking soap, although some did leak out. When the red set up, I removed the tape and gently wiped off any that managed to seep out. This was WAY too much work....but I'm glad I tried it. :)

Back