Kitten Love totally unprofessional email from supplier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzannaski

Reaction score
I'm not going to name names except in a PM; this is mostly a vent. But I will say that it was a supplier of organic materials that has slow shipping.

So, I was working away this morning, and I pull out a brand new bag of coconut oil only to find that there was a hole in the bag and it melted all over the bottom of my cabinet during the hot weather last month.
Then I go to use the brand new almond oil, which is in this collapsible jug, and only has a screw top (no spout). So that spilled everywhere and shorted out my scale.
I wrote to the supplier that I was really upset (even wrote that in the subject line) and she wrote back:
"Wow! The flexible 1 gallon containers, have a spout that pulls up and then pushes back down, for easy pouring. In the 8 years we've been using them, no one has ever asked how to use them -- and I find it interesting that I get a complaint about your lack of understanding on how to use a container."
and then her response to the leaking bag:
"If bought something at Walmart and stored it improperly, would you go in to the manger and yell at him about your lack of understanding? I personally get really tired of being the dog that people kick via email, when they have a bad day."
For the record, there was no lack of understanding on the bag of CO, unless you call being unaware that it wasn't packaged well a lack of understanding.

Holy crap. I would love a pm with the name of the business. I don't care if it was your fault, make the customer happy. Obviously the bad press will cost them more.

I would also like to know who this is so I can avoid them. Terrible customer service. :shock:

I agree. No matter how bad of a day you're having, you shouldn't send a snarky reply to a customer.

Perhaps you could mention this company in the Shopping Recommendations. You don't have to go into details about the email. Just say that you weren't happy with the customer service and the company didn't seem concerned about the the quality of their packaging or customer satisfaction.

PM please.

Actualy, you we have a supplier review area. If you would like to post the supplier name & give an unemotinal account of your experiece that would help the rest of us. Don't bash, just give the facts and let us draw our opinions from that.

Latest posts

Back