SMF March 2017 Challenge- Black Background Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, SunWolf! I didn't close the thread until 2 am my time and made sure I had all the entries sent to the survey. I don't know what happened. I would add yours except that people have already voted.

Do NOT denigrate your soap by saying it doesn't hold a candle to the other entries! It is very beautiful. I would be extremely pleased to have made a soap like that.

Cherrycoke216 - I do like the stained glass soaps and there's nothing like doing for learning - I can't wait to see your next go
icon_thumbup.gif

SunWolf, your soap is so pretty. I agree - it's a soap to be proud of.

Made this soap last week and thought I'd try to post a couple pictures. This is my first attempt to add pictures so I hope it works.

This reminds me of deep dark sea water and the jellyfishes flowing underneath the mystery dark ocean.
Very tranquilizing!

Congratulations to everyone who got an entry into the challenge and all those who tried. Mine turned out brown - because of the fragrance of all things! :(

Hey don't be sad. It's because of you that we all learn that vanilla brown will beat the activated charcoal black. Who would have thought that???!!! :headbanging: the naughty soap gremlins!

Cherrycoke216 - I do like the stained glass soaps and there's nothing like doing for learning - I can't wait to see your next go
icon_thumbup.gif

SunWolf, your soap is so pretty. I agree - it's a soap to be proud of.

Thanks. I like your gradient black rock. Like a marble look. Only if the lighting be more warm and will show its beauty better. I think it's my crappy phone resolution!!!

ETA: I wanted to vote every single one including the non-entry tries!!! I think we all progress together! And each one has its own beauty be it simple or complicated. ;)

I'm late but I did try to fix up my soaps. I failed at that. I also tried to get my soaps to gel a little more and that bombed thanks to my not thinking that through.

I made a great soap...unfortunately, my phone wouldn't let me message, email, or download pics to my pc... that's the way my month has been going.... everyone did a wonderful job, and it took me a while to choose! Good job all!!

Apologies to Mintle and grizzly bears around the world for tiny text fumblefingers!

Mingle - is that a Rex cat??

Cherrycoke - it's great to see the bear paw in action again - but mine was from a giz!

And thanks CC for the motivation, it's probably time to release another beast.
The elephant, the zebra...you can start a safari/zoo themed soap series. ;)

Amazing soaps everyone, including those not entered. There can be no slights in this competition!

Latest posts

Back