Oh this forum is SO bad.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For my wallet.

Not only do I find all kinds of soaping stuff I want - it keeps making me want to expand into other hobbies.

I decided to try polymer clay to make soap dishes, but there are so many other cool things I have seen on YT.

I started learning to crochet to make wash cloths. Now I am working on a afghan.

I got some woodworking tools because I wanted to make soap molds. Now I want to make a curing rack, and shelving to help organize the soaping supplies I have.

AND NOW SOMEONE HAD TO SHOW ME 3D PRINTING.

Look at these thigs I have found -
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:983849
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1909248
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2045940

Ugh. You are all evil. PURE EVIL.

Last edited:
Wow! Just wow! Each one has its own special niche. The first one is easily fits in every style of bathroom. The second one is very cute! Gargoyle spits out soap gooey slime! Third one is quite modern and minimalism.
You're planning get all these self-draining soap dish 3-D printed? :p

Wow! Just wow! Each one has its own special niche. The first one is easily fits in every style of bathroom. The second one is very cute! Gargoyle spits out soap gooey slime! Third one is quite modern and minimalism.
You're planning get all these self-draining soap dish 3-D printed? :p

There is a fairly high rated 3d printer for right around $200 US on Amazon. Maybe if I get it ill print soap dishes for EVERYONE here. lol

See, I called them all enablers. I was right, huh?

If you buy a 3-D printer, please let me know so I can order (and pay you!) a soap stamp?

Yes they are. And of course I'll print you what ever you want, no worries about paying me. lol

Cool beans! I love that first soap dish.

Now that you have learned to crochet, try knitting. I gave myself repetitive stress injuries in both wrists because I was so obsessed and I had to quit. Needing to find a new obsession led me to soaping. And then I can send you a pattern for making wool hot pads that are felted in the washing machine - if I can find it. :twisted:

Ooh, gotta share -- I just got done making a pair of wool oven mitts to replace the quilted cotton mitts I've worn to shreds. These new ones work pretty good. I'm not a knitter, but I do like to wet-felt!

My problem with the soap dish for two bars is I'd need a longer one for even more bars!

P1020766 500.jpg

I thought a HOT pad oughtta have an appropriate look! :) Thank you, Susie.

The flame oven mitts is so pretty!!! Might be a nice Christmas gift idea! ( depending on how much time to do a pair ... Or just whip up a batch of soap if it's faster! ). ;)

I second dibbles suggestion of knitting. I started soapong because of repetitive stress injuries, too, that makes knitting hard. But I'm still knitting a shawl right now. I just don't spend hours at a time anymore. It seems all of my hobbies/crafts are the really expensive ones, too.

No, I have tried knitting before - years ago. I just do not have the manual dexterity for it. I was diagnosed early on with eye - hand coordination problems - so trying to do something with both hands is pretty hard for me. I am not that good at typing, I have to really watch the keyboard. It is odd that I am a programmer haha! But knitting just was really frustrating and not at all fun. Crochet is not so bad. One hand is just holding the work - and I can deal with the other hand moving - again if I am watch what I am doing.

Gorgeous work DeeAnna! Did you create the textile by felting and then sew them?

No, although you could certainly do that. I use the loose fiber -- the stuff a spinner would use when spinning yarn.

KC -- wet felting might be an alternate way for you to work with fiber as an alternate to knitting or crocheting. Just a thought!

Teresa -- Expensive hobbies -- yes, I belong to that club too! :)

Last edited:
I sure wish you hadn't posted this. I spent all yesterday looking at YouTube videos, looking up stuff on thingverse and measuring desk space to see if the printer would fit (it would). Today I downloaded a beginner's book to my Kindle so I can get a handle on terminology. I don't know if I can stop myself.

Latest posts

Back