~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Recipe & Tutorials Forum > Soap Making Recipes & Tutorials > Using apple cider in soap?

Old 10-16-2016, 04:29 PM   #31
Desirae

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelopejane View Post
If you find a scent that you really like and you find, in the SMF fragrance reviews, someone else that really likes it too, you will be able to keep an eye on the other scents they like as you may have similar "noses".

I have found this works.
I have a friend who has a totally different scent appreciation to me so I know if she loves a scent it is a pretty sure bet that I am not going to like it.
I actually came across that list and at first couldn't figure out how to add to it but only to find it was an app I had to dwnld Google docs, I ended up adding the scent I thought I would toss since the following disappeared within 4 days of cure start so I added that but I need to take the time to actually look through it. I should print it out so it's easier to look over. But I'll be sure to do that for now, thx

penelopejane Likes This 
Old 10-17-2016, 01:14 PM   #32
dixiedragon

Liked 3706 Times on 2139 Posts
Likes Given: 1642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desirae View Post
Thank you for all that input, so since it's all be disproven, I won't waste time or ingredients adding after trace and such, and thank you for that bit for dogs, now for that where would you find 100% pumpkin puree as apposed to the lobby can?
Libby makes both. They are side-by-side. Just read the can to make sure you get 100% pumpkin.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:27 PM   #33
dixiedragon

Liked 3706 Times on 2139 Posts
Likes Given: 1642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desirae View Post
Are there any food/drink products that have a great scent on its own that can be used in soap that will STILL retain that great scent, or is it all eaten by the lye?
Not really. Pine tar does give the bar a piney, smokey scent that some people really like. Neem oil gives a garlicy/nutty scent..not sure if anybody actually likes it.

I use spices in my soap - clove, nutmeg, cinnamon - and they leave a very faint scent if I have my nose against the bar.

My honey soap - 5% beeswax and one tablespoon of honey PPO - has a very light sweet scent.

Coffee soap using coffee grounds will have a slight scent. Again, nose touching the bar.