~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Recipe & Tutorials Forum > Bath, Body and Aromatherapy Recipes & Tutorials > Using Soapmaker 3 for other body products?

Old 09-14-2016, 12:54 AM   #1
MerrySherry

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Using Soapmaker 3 for other body products?

I just started using Soapmaker 3 Pro for my soaps and I like it a lot. I was wondering if anyone on the forum uses it for things like lip balms? I use some of the same oil inventory for the lip balms as in my soaps so was hoping that I could keep track of my inventory for both. Nothing on the Soapmaker site itself and web search not turning up anything. I tried creating lip balm as a soap recipe but it subtracts from my lye inventory. I have not tried setting lip balm up as a lotion, though, so maybe that will work. If anyone has any tips, they would be appreciated. If I find a way, I'll answer my own question just in case someone else is interested.

Thanks!

Old 09-14-2016, 01:43 AM   #2
Kamahido
Paladin of Soap

Liked 431 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Click on... File-> New Recipe -> Non Soap -> Ok

The recipe sheet will look similar but will be lacking the lye/water tab. And base oils and the additives tab have been merged into the "ingredients" tab.