~*~ SMF October 2017 Challenge - Simple Minimalistic Swirl! ~*~
~ October 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Classifieds Forum > Member Classifieds > Dragon's Blood

Old 09-03-2016, 11:54 PM   #1
cmzaha
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4825 Times on 2812 Posts
Likes Given: 1152

Default Dragon's Blood

DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

This is a bit premature but I should be ordering 25 lbs of Dragon's Blood in the next week or so, but not sure how long production will take. I am just putting out feelers to find out if anyone be interested in some. I really did not need the full 25#'s but was the least I could get made. This is the DB I have used for a couple of years and love. It is very complex, soaps well but does turn dark brown, although not the almost black some will turn. It is not a cheap DB, but runs around $25 per lb, I have not received my final quote. This is my best seller and really helps build a men's clientele. Some that smell it smell cola, some smell chocolate and some smell vanilla, I smell them all... I soap it at 1 oz -1.1 oz per lb and it is quite strong. Some would probably go less than my percentages.

We tried to get it made in another fragrance house but it just did not have the depth of this one and accelerated pretty bad. I was sorry it just did not work and smell as well because it was quite a bit less expensive. Many times with FO you get what you pay for. NG's DB was a disaster for me and the closest to mine is from Pure Fragrance but that one goes an extremely dark chocolate.

Forgot to mention the cost will be what I pay for it

cmzaha
No kids in the soaping area

Last edited by cmzaha; 09-04-2016 at 12:06 AM.
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2016, 02:19 AM   #2
doriettefarm
Lifetime Supporting Member
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1152 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 1181

I'd be interested in 1lb if it's around $25/lb

People Like This 
Old 09-04-2016, 02:29 AM   #3
TeresaT
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 2352 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 3541

I've never smelled/tried Dragon's Blood. I'm going to try some from Pure Fragrance to see if it is anything I'll like. I've been wanting to try it, but whenever I order FOs, there are so many that sound so great that I just know I'll love, DB gets lost in the buy. I can't judge a fragrance OOB because so far two have been stinkers OOB and one has turned into my favorite FO so far and the other has mellowed out quite nicely.

ETA: Just placed an order from Pure Fragrance. 20 sample sized bottles of fragrance oils. I must stop this. When I logged in, there were 17 already in my shopping cart. I am hopeless.

Last edited by TeresaT; 09-04-2016 at 02:56 AM.
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2016, 04:52 AM   #4
cmzaha
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Will let everyone know the price and when I can expect it. It will only be what I pay per lb plus exact shipping. I am completely out with only 2 batches (6 lbs) ahead. That is bad news for me

cmzaha
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2016, 05:10 AM   #5
earlene
Grandmother & Soaper

Liked 2313 Times on 1154 Posts
Likes Given: 1766

Carolyn, how will it be packaged? Do they send it to you in several smaller containers, or are you going to have to re-package it into smaller containers? If the latter, what would you be willing to do any smaller portions, say 8-ounces?
cmzaha Likes This 
Old 09-04-2016, 02:16 PM   #6
snappyllama
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2927 Times on 1580 Posts
Likes Given: 2425

I've tried out Carolyn's DB (thanks again for the sample, Carolyn!) and have to say it's fantastic... Fantastic like: walk past bathroom, catch a whiff, go inside and bury your nose in it. That kind of fantastic.

I'd buy a pound but just annihilated my supply budget for the year restocking. Grr.
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #7
MySoapyHeart
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1232 Times on 486 Posts
Likes Given: 1199

That is so nice of you to do Carolyn.

I would so buy a pound of DB from you, and pay for shippingcosts to Norway. But as DB aaaaalways seem to have a low flashpoint I can never ever get to test out any of the DB fragrances... I am so incredibly curious how they smell as so many can`t get enough of it. *sob*.
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #8
shunt2011
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 4560 Times on 3045 Posts
Likes Given: 3796

I'd be interested as well. Thank you!!!
cmzaha Likes This 
Old 09-04-2016, 04:02 PM   #9
cmzaha
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlene View Post
Carolyn, how will it be packaged? Do they send it to you in several smaller containers, or are you going to have to re-package it into smaller containers? If the latter, what would you be willing to do any smaller portions, say 8-ounces?
It will come in a tote. Yes I could do smaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySoapyHeart View Post
That is so nice of you to do Carolyn.

I would so buy a pound of DB from you, and pay for shippingcosts to Norway. But as DB aaaaalways seem to have a low flashpoint I can never ever get to test out any of the DB fragrances... I am so incredibly curious how they smell as so many can`t get enough of it. *sob*.
The bottle I have now is showing a flash point of 178 F / 81 C to low for air. Maybe I could just send you a couple of bars after my next batch is done curing, just for the cost of shipping

cmzaha

Old 09-04-2016, 09:39 PM   #10
MySoapyHeart
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1232 Times on 486 Posts
Likes Given: 1199

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmzaha View Post
The bottle I have now is showing a flash point of 178 F / 81 C to low for air. Maybe I could just send you a couple of bars after my next batch is done curing, just for the cost of shipping
Oh, that would be so great, I would love that, thank you! Just let me know how much you need in shipping when the time comes. You`re a peach! : )