I made two batches of this yesterday. Dual Lye Castile - 95%NaOh 5%KOH [40%Lye Concentration]
One batch was 50% Pomace OO and 50% Kirkland's Pure OO. Within a few hours it was rock hard! I was amazed even though I read that it would be, I still found it remarkable. I did NOT use my SB because of the pomace, only a spoon. Trace at about 7 minutes, but I should have stopped stirring at emulsion to separate & mix colors, because by the time I was ready to pour into the mold it was already at thick trace and my ribbon pour did not turn out ribbony.
I used 3 micas from Steph's Micas & More: Sunflower Yellow, Clementine & Orange Coral, plus the plain soap batter as one of the colors; scented with Mad Oils Grow a Pear Tree FO and Candlepro's Pearberry (50/50).
Even though the 'ribbon pour' was a failure as such, I still think they are quite nice looking, and they smell very nice, too.
Mixing temps about 110F. CPOP'd with oven wall temp at 137F when I put them in (oven was pre-heated to lowest setting & turned off.)
The other batch was 100% Kirkland Olive Oil and although I thought I did everything else the same, except bringing only to emulsion before mixing colors and waiting for light trace before pouring batter into long-spouted container, it did not turn out at all hard as I was expecting.
Maybe the mixing temps were different, as I did not write them down & don't remember. I doubled the recipe for this one, but double checked all my measurements at every turn. I did run into a problem with pouring the batter, in that being a double recipe, it was too much for my container. So the first mold (a one-pound mold) did not get an even shake at the ribbon pour. The bottom portion was more like dump it in fast before it spills all over the place. Ribbon pour on top was a bit more like intended, but not what I expected. I am not sure how many times I am going to have to try it before I am happy, but that's another story.
The other mold is a long wooden mold and I have not yet unmolded it because the soap in the one-pound mold is still so soft.
I CPOP'd these overnight, going into the oven at approximately the same temp as the other one had, covered both molds with cardboard & a light towel.
For color I used 5 micas + TD for a 6 color ribbon pour, and scented with BeScented's Strawberry Patch FO. Micas from Steph's Micas & More: Cosmic Purple, Silver Graphite, Vivid Violet Neon, Marvelous Magenta Neon, Radical Red Neon; plus one portion was colored with TD, for a total of 6 colors.
So far I only have pictures of the one-pound mold cut. You can see how soft they are as evidenced by the edges: