~*~ SMF May 2017 Challenge - Fluid Acrylic Cell Pour!! ~*~
~ May 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread ~

Soap Making Forum > Announcements and Site News > SoapMakingForum Announcements, Comments, Help & Rules > Forum FAQs
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 11:01 PM   #1
IrishLass
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 6299 Times on 3231 Posts
Likes Given: 4203

Default Forum FAQs

Most common Forum Frequently Asked Questions:

Why can't I log in?

Have you registered? Have you been banned from the board? (A message will be displayed if you have.) If so, you should contact the webmaster or board administrator to find out why. If you have registered and are not banned and you still cannot log in then check and double-check your username and password. Usually this is the problem; if not, contact the board administrator -- they may have incorrect configuration settings for the board.

Why do I get logged off automatically?

If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you log in, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university cluster, etc.

How do I show an image below my username?

There may be two images below a username when viewing posts. The first is an image associated with your rank, such as Forum Supporter if you make a financial donation to the forum, etc.; Below this may be a larger image known as an avatar; this is generally unique or personal to each user. To upload an avatar of your own click on "My Account" at the top of the page when you are logged in, then click on "Control Panel" on the drop-down box. Next, look to the left of the screen- under the heading of "Settings and Options, click on "Edit Avatar and then follow the instructions.

How do I add a signature to my post?

To add a signature to a post you must first create one; this is done via your profile which you can access by clicking "My Account" at the top of the page when you are logged in, and then clicking on "Control Panel" on the drop-down box. Next, look to the left of the screen and click on "Edit Signature" under the "Settings and Options" heading, and follow the instructions. If you wish, you can prevent your signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box on the posting form.

Why can't I vote in polls?

Only registered users can vote in polls so as to prevent spoofing of results. If you have registered and still cannot vote then you probably do not have appropriate access rights.

Can I post Images?

Yes. Images can be added to your posts via the "Manage Attachments" button in the 'Quick Reply" box located on the bottom page of each thread. To add a picture, click on the "Manage Attachments" icon. A box will pop up on your screen where you can either upload pictures from the image files on your computer, or from a URL source. For best results, the pixels should be no larger than 640 x 640, and the file size no larger than 390 KB max. When done, click the "Upload" button to transfer the picture(s) to your post.

If you have any further questions that have not been addressed above, please contact one of our Moderators or Admins.

People Like This 
Old 10-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #2
shunt2011
SOAP_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4267 Times on 2853 Posts
Likes Given: 3416

Nicely done! Very clear and precise! 👍🏻
IrishLass Likes This 
Closed Thread