~*~ SMF July 2017 Challenge - Mermaid Tail Soaps! ~*~
~ July 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Fragrance Oils/Fragrance reviews > NG Dragon's Blood

Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
kharmon320

Liked 129 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 102

Default NG Dragon's Blood

Okay, I finally caved to all the overwhelming reviews of Dragon's Blood. I ordered the DB from Nature's Garden about 4 months ago, but couldn't get over the powderiness (?) of it. I'm thinking it's amber that I'm averse to. Whenever a description includes amber or musk, I imagine that powdery smell. However, I've been dying to experiment with colors in this one, so I bit the bullet. I also had 2oz from CandleScience, but we all agreed the NG version smelled better OOB.

I used 1oz/ppo (which is on the heavy side for me). It smells good, pleasant, but it's a lot lighter than I expected. I don't know if it will come back after a week or so. It's been 4 days and it just keeps getting lighter. I colored the soap with charcoal and various red colorants, so I can't really tell if it discolored.

I may try the CS version to compare how well they stick. Anyone else have a problem with NG's version sticking?

Old 10-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
paillo

Liked 694 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 300

interesting! i used it at about the same ratio and to me it was overpoweringly strong! matter of fact, after making a couple of batches of it i decided it's a scent i really dislike hope your scent comes back and that you like it.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
judymoody

Liked 1249 Times on 814 Posts
Likes Given: 45

CS didn't stick very well for me. Try 1 oz PPO.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
honor435

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

I know ,people DO ask for that scent, it def does discolor, pretty dark. I havent tried ngs.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
kharmon320

Liked 129 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 102

Update: I soaped Candle Science's Dragon Blood about one week ago. It smells stronger to me soaped than NG version, but I think I like NG version better (scent-wise). CS version used in a milk soap, but it's only a dark tan so far with the uncolored portion being a light beige, so not horribly dark discoloration. I have no idea how dark the NG version soaps because I used charcoal & red.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:09 AM   #6
Stinkydancer

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 46

NG's soaps dark- I think most DB does. I like NG's version!