~*~ SMF February 2017 Challenge - Ebru Soaps! ~*~
~ February 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread ~

Soap Making Forum > Classifieds Forum > Shopping Recommendations > Ess. Depot mold & cure rack 50%

Old 01-04-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
lenarenee
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1539 Times on 835 Posts
Likes Given: 573

Default Ess. Depot mold & cure rack 50%

http://www.essentialdepot.com/catego...-SPECIALS.html

Old 01-04-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
BeesKnees
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 134 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 295

Thank you for sharing that, lenarenee. Since that is where I got my first molds, I wanted to share that they have been that price for members since at least October, when I ordered mine. I like my molds and stackable baskets.

I was a little annoyed to receive the email yesterday acting like it was a sudden sale price when it isn't but I get that it's marketing. In fact, I at first wondered if it was some sort of spam trying to get me to click on their link. Even if it's not spam, it's still misleading to people, although it might get them a few more orders and that is no doubt the goal. I'm a bit conflicted now about the company since their products have been good (IMO) but I don't care for this misleading tactic.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:09 PM   #3
lenarenee
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Hmm, that's interesting. I'm not a member, and don't keep up with Essential Depot. I did order the curing racks last year and thought that the $24 dollar price was worth it. This was the first email I'd received from them.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:11 PM   #4
BeesKnees
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenarenee View Post
Hmm, that's interesting. I'm not a member, and don't keep up with Essential Depot. I did order the curing racks last year and thought that the $24 dollar price was worth it. This was the first email I'd received from them.
Good to know on the curing racks. They look nice. I've just gotten into soaping so have bought a lot of supplies and couldn't justify the rack yet. Plus there is a 10% discount if you buy in a multiple of 4, since they ship 4 to a box, which would bring the individual rack price to $21.15 each. I'm sitting on my hands now, trying not to order, lol.

Last edited by BeesKnees; 01-05-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:12 AM   #5
BeesKnees
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenarenee View Post
How many of the curing racks did you buy? Did you buy the dolly too/

Old 01-07-2017, 05:24 AM   #6
lenarenee
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeesKnees View Post
How many of the curing racks did you buy? Did you buy the dolly too/
I bought 3, and no dolly. However, I will say that a full rack is a challenge for me to carry alone across the length of a large room. Easy for me and 9 yr old though. (I'm short, and don't work out though)

Used to cure soap in the huge upstairs hallway with built in shelves, but then we moved the guinea pigs up there and it wasn't healthy for them to constantly breath all of the fragrance fumes (sometimes 100 - 200 bars).
The racks make moving soap from place to place more portable without make 14 trips.