~*~ SMF January 2017 Challenge - Gradient Layer! ~*~
~ January 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread ~

Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > General Chat > [Rant] Store-bought soap gifts!

Old 01-04-2017, 05:46 AM   #21
dillsandwitch

Liked 289 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzz-juzz View Post
It's Tilley's soaps, they aren't handmade (I think). They can't be for that price.
Website states the are made from palm, CO and shea butter only.
They are very hard but also very drying, possibly because of high % of palm and CO.
They also cracked terribly, after only few uses.
I do prefer my soaps, but I just wanted to test them out as I haven't used shop bought soap in ages.

They are not handmade. I have tried them before and yeah totally agree they are terrible. I bought 4 bars this time last year and 3 are still sitting in my bathroom cabinet. The other has maybe 3/4 left of the bar as every time I use it even just for hand washing I'm reaching for the lotion soon after.