Hello from British Columbia (Canada)!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherylG

Reaction score
This is my first post to this forum. Lots of useful and interesting information here! I have been making soap for years, off and on and love it! I make both HP and CP soaps but I prefer to make CP if I have the time.

Hubby and I are "snowbirds". It's a coin termed here for those of us who live and work in the far north and winter in the more temperate southern regions. We are semi retired and now live full time in our RV. We live and work in Muncho Lake, BC in the Northern Rockies on the Alaska Hwy, near the Yukon border in the summer months. We have been wintering in Kelowna for a few years but are moving to Osoyoos for this winter in a couple of days on Nov 1. We are trying various places for the winter each year, looking for that perfect retirement area. We have wintered up north in Muncho Lake but it's just too long a winter and a bit too dark for us now.

I sell my soap in the gatehouse at a nearby Hot Springs in the summer months up north, along with a lot of other crafty items like paintings, jewelry, crochet and so forth. I plan to start making next year's soap in a few days, after we move, so I can make CP and it will have time to cure.

Wow! Someone else from Kelowna! That's amazing!
We are actually in West Kelowna until the 1st and are really looking forward to the Osoyoos winter weather!

After last winter, I'm inclined to agree with you. Winters here aren't generally too bad, really. Better than being at the coast where it's nothing but rain, rain, cloud, and more rain. Grey, grey, grey.

Incidentally, I checked out your web page... lovely work!

Thank you very much, Misschief! It's a winter hobby.

I agree about the coast. Too much rain for me. We will possibly try Cranbrook next year. It's BC's sunniest city, but colder than Kelowna. If we love Osoyoos, we will keep going there.

Welcome! Checked your website because of Misschief, WOW! You have some serious talent! Hope you can combine your artwork training into soap adventures. Like use soap as a medium or something. ;)

Welcome, plenty of sunshine in the winter down here in Florida, lots of nice RV parks as well.

Latest posts

Back