goat milk lotion recipe needed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheryl

Reaction score
Hi,I am new to all this,I am looking for a basic goat milk lotion recipe that I can start with.I am willing to experiment later with other essential oils as I go,but for now I just need a basicrecipe.They seem almost non existant or no-one will part with one as I have looked in book stores,on google and on ebay for any and am not having alot of luck. :)

hi cheryl,
why don't you use a basic recipe, and replace part of the distilled water with goatsmilk, or add milkpowder?

a basic lotion

3 oz distilled water
2 oz Sweet Almond or Jojoba Oil
1 oz Glycerin
1 oz Stearic Acid
1 oz Emulsifying Wax

melt and stir well

afterwards add 0.5 % fragance oil if you like,
do add 1% Germaben II, you don't want molds growing on your lotion, and milk has the tendency to go bad
Dagmar

dagmar88 said:
3 oz distilled water
2 oz Sweet Almond or Jojoba Oil
1 oz Glycerin
1 oz Stearic Acid
1 oz Emulsifying Wax

That would be some thick cream !!!! Oh wow, similar to a recipe I worked with and was trying to formulate something but ended up reducing the stearic acid and e-wax on. You could have used it for wal-paper paste it was that thick. Least to say I ditched that recipe, and the above recipe has more stearic and e-wax than what i was playing with.

I personally don't recommend using glycerin in lotions because I found it can actually cause dryer skin (and my customers agree) if there is less than adequate humidity in the air.

Why not try something like this instead.
This will make 8 ounces

1.4 ounces your choice of oils or butters
.32 oz stearic acid
.32 oz emulsifying wax
5.6 ounces water or aloe juice
.24 oz fragrance of choice
.08 oz appropriate preservative (liquid germall plus)

If you want a goat's milk lotion you need to figure about 10-12% OF YOUR LIQUID amount not of the whole batch to be goat's milk. Then use the appropriate preservative to keep it from going bad. If you use to much milk the preservative won't be able to handle it and you will get the growth of yuckies.

But any lotion recipe an be converted into a goat's milk lotion recipe just by figuring what portion of the liquid needs to be goat's milk.

If you use germaben you need to watch the % of oils, II is great for products that contain less than 25% oils and II E is made for the ones that contain 25% and more oils. However it has been recommend by many that I know and make goat's milk lotion that liquid germall plus might be a better choice for a preservative and bumping the percent up to1 % of it, to make sure your covered because of the milk.

Good Luck

:oops:
i'm sorry! i just found it as an basic recipe, and kept it becouse i wanted to try it myself; so thank you for yours soap-lady!
dagmar

I didn't mean to offend but I was working with something and experiementing and I found it was SOOOOO THICK it was was not something i would recommend. Plus the plus side is that it helped me come up with a new product that does well for me.

haha, i'm not offended that quick :lol:
but i would have hated it when cheryl would have used that recipe and she could have used it as wall-paper paste :wink:
I wonder why people who tried it even post it?? :?
so thank you!
dagmar

I had to dig but I found a picture that I took of it. (I was working on the recipe with a friend using instant messenger, so i had to take a picture to send her.)

oops.jpg

dagmar88 said:
:shock: wow, that's definitely nowhere near lotion :p

but it would have made dandy wallpaper paste.... Well I might have needed to add a horse hoof to get the stickiness, but it was way to thick to use..... But it was a great learning experience.

:D Thank you to both of you for the recipe and the corrections.I must say I really enjoyed the conversation and the picture!I will try this and let you know how well I did,Again,Thank you

Latest posts

Back